SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

View Poll Results: Should Scotland be an independent country?
Yes 24 34.78%
No 36 52.17%
Keithd 9 13.04%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-14, 03:45 PM   #101
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: The Org Scottish Referendum

Dean, i'm sorry to say but you have already lost your job. do you think for one minuet that there will no be repercussions if the vote is no... Westminster will make Scotland's life hell for even daring to split the union. they are only keeping these jobs and convincing the employees to vote no in the hope of keeping their job, once the vote is over with they will wind up what they have already started years ago.

the MOD has been winding down the military presence in Scotland for decades and its not about to stop, in fact they will up their efforts after the referendum.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-14, 03:51 PM   #102
Spank86

By that logic Bibio, what do you think will happen after you vote yes?
Old 12-09-14, 03:53 PM   #103
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

See Spank I win the bibio bingo!

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-14, 03:58 PM   #104
Spank86

You do indeed.

I'm really intrigued, if Bib believes that westminster will purposefully hobble a valuable part of the Union what does he think will happen to Scotland as a nearby independent nation which needs to negotiate on Europe and national waters among other things?
Old 12-09-14, 04:02 PM   #105
Bibio
Mega Poster

if there does become an independent Scotland dont you think that they will be looking for people with Deans skills... and i'm not just talking about his famous cuddles.
Old 12-09-14, 04:11 PM   #106
SvNewbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carelesschucca View Post
But will it actually become a more Caring nation and how will it do that without raising taxes I for one am thinking about this in a material way.
The simple answer is it won't. Firstly the SNP have no qualms about putting up taxes. That is what they mean by a fairer society [1]. Secondly, it's virtually impossible for Scotland to have the high tax and high standard of living society it dreams of while England have a Tory government in power, it's just too easy for companies and employees to move across the border to escape a high tax regime.

[1] http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...550-extra.html
Old 12-09-14, 04:19 PM   #107
SvNewbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carelesschucca View Post
I WILL loose my job cause it will be moved to Gosport
Do it! We can start next years GM (the massacre kind) from Loomies!
Old 12-09-14, 04:29 PM   #108
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvNewbie View Post
Do it! We can start next years GM (the massacre kind) from Loomies!
Na GM is about great roads with very little traffic not mediocre roads with lots of traffic

Sorry for the derail.

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-14, 04:32 PM   #109
Bibio
Mega Poster

heheheee. i love this forum
Old 12-09-14, 04:35 PM   #110
SIII
Mega Poster

Angry Re: The Org Scottish Referendum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank86 View Post
It's all about the English.

Otherwise why split? Scotland pays it's way in the union, no more no less, it's far far more prosperous than it's wildest dreams when it entered the union and it has far better representation both than the equivalent number of English people and than the scots in their own country pre-union. All the stats look like lovely numbers but when you take it down to the bottom line Scottish spending and deficit (as a whole) is about on a par with the rest of the UK.

Scotland is more than capable of being it's own small somewhat successful country on a par with Ireland, I don't think anyone really doubts it, what everyone who sides with better together thinks is that we really are, better together.
No, england are better with us together, not Scotland.

Scotland contibute more to the coffers of Westminster than are spent. As 8.3 % of the populace, why are we not spending 8.3% of the miliatery budget in Scotland ???? I believe it to be around 5 % of the defence budget. How can this be described as fair? Scottish tax payers paid for London 2012, no money came from Westminster for the Commonwealth Games!

And what the nobility chose to do 300 years ago and dreamed of, was not decided by the people, it was decided by the elite. Westminster is still controlled by the elite. How many of the cabinet went to private school? How many are millionaires ? The Scottish parliament voted against a pay rise - westminster voted for an 11% increase on top of the 10% last time. Don't know about you, but I got 1% and had to fight for that. Would be nice to be able to vote yourself a 10% pay rise. It is a corrupt system and we in Scotland will be better off out of it. How many Scottish MP's got done for expenses claims scandal ???

Scottish spending and deficit (as a whole) is about on a par with the rest of the UK.

This is a LIE. You might get told that by the B(english)BC, but is not true. If you are making a decision on what you have learnt from newspapers and television, I can understand your mistake and believing we are better off together.