SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 19-02-08, 03:44 PM   #101
josefine666

Default Re: had a bit of an off

i presume you wont be coming back to sunny basingstoke in a hurry?!
note for anyone travelling thru! there is ALWAYS deisel on every roundabout in basingstoke! trust me, i ride around all the time, either that or dippy old women who cant drive and pull out and knock ppl off on roundabouts? was it the roundabout as you head down towards the bust stn rite in the centre of town?
Old 19-02-08, 11:44 PM   #102
SDMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by josefine666 View Post
i presume you wont be coming back to sunny basingstoke in a hurry?!
note for anyone travelling thru! there is ALWAYS deisel on every roundabout in basingstoke! trust me, i ride around all the time, either that or dippy old women who cant drive and pull out and knock ppl off on roundabouts? was it the roundabout as you head down towards the bust stn rite in the centre of town?
Haha, well I have to keep going back to Basingstoke, as got to keep going to the hospital for stitches/staples being removed, checkups, x-rays etc.. Won't be riding there again in a hurry though!

It was the Chineham (A33) roundabout- the one with the red people across it.
Old 20-02-08, 02:19 PM   #103
josefine666

hm, im surprised you managed to bin it there! more likely to get knocked off there! all of basingstoke is a nightmare tbh...il be glad to move out of here!
Old 20-02-08, 05:01 PM   #104
SDMF

Was lucky that there wasn't that much traffic around at the time. I ended up the other side of the central reservation, in the middle of the road unable to move. So quite lucky that here wasn't any traffic hurtling down towards the roundabout from the other direction, otherwise things could have been a lot worse.
Old 28-02-08, 09:21 PM   #105
Stig

Hey James,

Will you be wanting a lift again to the Shire this coming Tuesday
Old 28-02-08, 11:57 PM   #106
SDMF

If your going to drive up again then I wouldn't mind . But if you want to ride up, then ride and I'll go to the next one. Cheers
Old 29-02-08, 10:07 AM   #107
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
If your going to drive up again then I wouldn't mind . But if you want to ride up, then ride and I'll go to the next one. Cheers
If you want to go I'll drive. There really isn't that much difference between the Dullsville and the car. I'll pick you up around 7 again.
Old 29-02-08, 12:04 PM   #108
SDMF

Ok thanks
Old 01-03-08, 11:31 AM   #109
Stig

You can always trust a woman to mess a blokes plans up. It would appear the use of the 4 wheeled vehicle is not an option this coming Tuesday.

Something to do with a stupid candle party or something. As a consequence, I will not be able to get James to the Shire. Is there anyone else that can step up to the task
Old 03-03-08, 09:03 PM   #110
Stig

No takers. Come on someone local. It wont break you to take the car just once and go get James.