SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 11-06-08, 11:05 AM   #101
Stig

Default Re: F1 Racing Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervox View Post

Look Si - a whole post without any initials used !!
I noticed.
Old 19-06-08, 06:22 PM   #102
Mike2165

Quote:
Interesting how some people would rather 'bash' one driver than comment on the positive parts of the race isn't it ?

Yep Hamilton made an error - one that he shouldn't have made - he held his hand up & said sorry to both Ferrari & Kimi personally - end of story.

Personally, much as I'd have enjoyed another Lewis win, his mistake made it a far more interesting race - he'd have just run away with otherwise.

Kubica drove a faultless race - although quite what would have happened if the accident hadn't occurred is a matter for conjecture - it looked as if Kimi was first to the pit exit & then Kubica pulled up alongside so, if he'd overtaken Kimi when the light turned green then he'd have been liable for a penalty for overtaking whilst under a safety car.

I bet Heidfeld is sick as a parrot that he didn't achieve BMW's first win - his face & actions whilst waiting for the presentation said it all I think.

Glad that Coulthard had some good luck for a change - he's had a miserable season so far - some of it his own making, some not.

Away from the race, who (if anyone) do other Org-ans see moving teams or losing their seat completely come the end of the season - or earlier perhaps ??

For me I think that Piquet Jnr will be lucky to last the season & I think that Vettel might well be on a few peoples 'wish' lists.

Roll on Magny-Cour & let's see what Lewis can do from a mid-field (at best) grid position.

Look Si - a whole post without any initials used !!
Supervox, please don't get me wrong, I'm a Hamilton fan, just the contrast between Manaco and Canada was the two extremmes. Let's hope France is good, although Ferrari are strong there.
Old 20-06-08, 07:59 AM   #103
DanDare

Oooh The FIA have put the Super License fee up!

I wonder if this is Max Mosely getting back at the teams and drivers for not supporting him during his hearing.

The sooner that bloke goes the sooner I might start watching it again!
Old 20-06-08, 08:23 AM   #104
simesb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDare View Post
Oooh The FIA have put the Super License fee up!
180 grand is quite a professional fee - I think I pay about 180 pounds

Not sure what kind of a hole it makes in 20 million, or whatever Raikkonen is rumoured to get these days.
Old 27-06-08, 02:52 PM   #105
glsuk1970

Not sure if this has been posted before but F1 Racing have a small article on the possible candidates for the BBC F1 commentator jobs. Top 5 favourites are apparently:

James Allen
David Croft (Five Live F1 commentator)
Johnathan Legend (Former Five Live commentator)
Ben Edwards (previous F1 commentating experience and voice annual F1 DVD) and....

Toby Moody!
Old 27-06-08, 03:14 PM   #106
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsuk1970 View Post
Not sure if this has been posted before but F1 Racing have a small article on the possible candidates for the BBC F1 commentator jobs. Top 5 favourites are apparently:

James Allen
How can James "I want to bum Lewis Hamilton" Allen be on that list, the man is a complete moron.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-08, 03:17 PM   #107
mrsgid

Quote:
Ok - well seeing as I asked & Fizz kindly agreed to make this a 'sticky' thread (on the proviso that it gets used regularly) I have the following suggestions :-

(a) This thread be for POSITIVE comments only - if you don't like F1 please don't litter up the thread with negative remarks.

(b) If anyone wishes to post remarks about a race within 24 hrs of that race then 'SPOILER' should be put at the top of the post - this will help prevent people finding results etc before they may have had chance to watch it - not everyone can watch them all live.

Ok, so to kick things off I'll ask which teams & drivers have your support this season ?

For me I'll have to admit to being a Lewis Hamilton fan - mainly because we haven't had a really top-grade British driver in a decent car for a number of years. However, others who I'd like to see do well this year are Heikki Kovalainen & Nico Rosberg becasue I think, along with LH they are the future of F1 & really have the ability & equipment to shake things up.

BTW - I'll also have to admit here that I LOATHE Ferrari !! (almost as much as I do Ducati !!) I have nothing against the drivers - just the attitude of the team & the way that the rules appear to have been bent to suit them so many times over the last 10 years or so.

** SPOILER SPACE **

Anyone watch today's qualifying ??

NOT a good day for Lewis - I just hope that his race pace, set-up & strategy makes up for it !!
i love hamilton think he is great i used to support Schumacher but now he has retired well there is only one person to support isn't there
Old 27-06-08, 03:22 PM   #108
glsuk1970

Here's the quote July's from F1 racing, the last sentence might cheer you up, Fizz...

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" goes the old saying. Hugely knoweledgeable and enthusiastic, but some fans feels he lacks authenticity. Also known as an ITV man, so may be a casualty if the BBC wants a clean break.

Murray Walker is a columnist for them and he's said he won't be commentating for the BBC full time but hasn't ruled out the occasional guest appearance. That'd be nice.
Old 02-07-08, 03:45 PM   #109
$tevo

French engine too!

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/240975/f1_engine_song/
Old 04-07-08, 10:58 AM   #110
sinbad

In the run up to the British Grand Prix, this news of it moving to Donington from 2010 emerges.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/68828