SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 27-01-09, 10:07 AM   #1111
Stig

Default Re: The running thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovis View Post
and you sent the 2 pairs back, explaining their mistake?
Of course.
Old 27-01-09, 10:13 AM   #1112
Ed

I met an old running friend - used to run with her when I was a member of Shrewsbury AC. She works in the same building, so bumped into her in the kitchen. She didn't know why I left - basically cos after I came off I couldn't run as fast, and they wouldn't wait for me. She told mnme there's been lots of changes since then (2005) and asked me to come back.

I don't know - I like running on my own, I'm so used to it now, and I'm never sure about going back. I might go and run with them tomorrow and see how it goes. They'd be too fast for me, I guess, but will see.
Old 27-01-09, 10:15 AM   #1113
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
I met an old running friend - used to run with her when I was a member of Shrewsbury AC. She works in the same building, so bumped into her in the kitchen. She didn't know why I left - basically cos after I came off I couldn't run as fast, and they wouldn't wait for me. She told mnme there's been lots of changes since then (2005) and asked me to come back.

I don't know - I like running on my own, I'm so used to it now, and I'm never sure about going back. I might go and run with them tomorrow and see how it goes. They'd be too fast for me, I guess, but will see.
You wont know unless you try it mate. I know I prefer to run on my own. So I have no intention of joining a club. They are all far too serious runners for me. I will just carry on my bimbling around.
Old 27-01-09, 10:21 AM   #1114
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe View Post
You wont know unless you try it mate. I know I prefer to run on my own. So I have no intention of joining a club. They are all far too serious runners for me. I will just carry on my bimbling around.
i have been thinking of joining a club, but as im not that quick, i think i would get left behind, like ed was....... although i would not expect them to slow down to my pace.
Old 27-01-09, 10:38 AM   #1115
Ed

Quote:
I don't call 7 minute miling 'bimbling around'
Old 27-01-09, 11:30 AM   #1116
Foxy

Quote:

+1 - What do you call it when you are making an effort Si?
Old 27-01-09, 11:52 AM   #1117
Stig

Quote:
Over 7 minute miles. Please don't make me look better than I really am. I wont be able to live up to the hype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyinleather View Post
+1 - What do you call it when you are making an effort Si?
That was my best effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovis View Post
i have been thinking of joining a club, but as im not that quick, i think i would get left behind, like ed was....... although i would not expect them to slow down to my pace.
Going by the results of the 10k race I did earlier this month, all sorts of standards join the club. There were club members way down the bottom end of the results sheets. If you want to get serious about your running then joining a club is probably the best thing you can do. You will have training partners and will get all the advice you need to improve your training techniques.
Old 27-01-09, 12:07 PM   #1118
hovis

just done another 4 miles 35.01, if was a differant route to yesterdays, and i stopped for a rest. i found it a bit harder today, although it was cold, misty and drizzeling
tomorrow im either going to rest, or just do 20-30mins fartlak on the treadmill

i was going to have a chat with some runners at the parkrun, after the run, but most of them seemed a bit too.... errrr good to talk to me, i did say hello to a few, but they did not seem to want to know

although the organisers, and marshalls were realy good, and it says they meet up for coffee afer the run, so next week i will go with them

Last edited by hovis; 27-01-09 at 12:19 PM.
Old 27-01-09, 02:19 PM   #1119
Foxy

Quote:
Over 7 minute miles. Please keep on making me look better than I already am . I always live up to the hype.
Sorry I couldn't resist LMAO

Went out for my first lunch time run this year, did 5 miles .
Old 27-01-09, 02:53 PM   #1120
Stig

Quote:
Sorry I couldn't resist LMAO

Lisa. BAD girl.

Quote:
Went out for my first lunch time run this year, did 5 miles .
About time too.