SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 11-07-24, 11:23 AM   #11311
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
That doesn't sound so great John! Good job you had the power assist. How well set up for wheelchairs is the Premier Inn?
It varies from location to location. At least on their website you can specify that you need an accessible room and most of them have wet bathrooms and most have been pretty good albeit basic. Other hotel brands say they have accessible rooms but that could mean anything.

Sent from my moto g(50) using Tapatalk
Old 13-07-24, 02:17 PM   #11312
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

I'm beginning to lose track of how many times I've been let down recently... SW Motech took my order for an accessory bar for the Strom last month and the next day sent me an email saying it was on backorder and would not be in stock for four weeks, despite taking my money straight away. The shop asked me to give a week or so as notice for my initial 800 mile service, but when I went to book in they can't see me for over three weeks. That means the days out on the bike I had planned for this month have been scrapped as it will put too many miles on it before the needed oil change. I'm supposed to be seeing my old uni mates in Leamington tomorrow but Chiltern are running rail replacement busses, so I'll have to drive instead and stay sober. And top it off, one of the said mates has admitted today to being ill all week with what he now knows is Covid, so the whole trip has been postponed. What else is going to go wrong?!

Last edited by Sir Trev; 13-07-24 at 02:18 PM.
Sir Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-24, 09:03 PM   #11313
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
I'm beginning to lose track of how many times I've been let down recently... SW Motech took my order for an accessory bar for the Strom last month and the next day sent me an email saying it was on backorder and would not be in stock for four weeks, despite taking my money straight away. The shop asked me to give a week or so as notice for my initial 800 mile service, but when I went to book in they can't see me for over three weeks. That means the days out on the bike I had planned for this month have been scrapped as it will put too many miles on it before the needed oil change. I'm supposed to be seeing my old uni mates in Leamington tomorrow but Chiltern are running rail replacement busses, so I'll have to drive instead and stay sober. And top it off, one of the said mates has admitted today to being ill all week with what he now knows is Covid, so the whole trip has been postponed. What else is going to go wrong?!
That's pretty poor. Money should not be taken until the product is shipped or collected.
The first service is usually just an oil and filter change, you could do it yourself to keep your riding time, not that you did have to.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Old 14-07-24, 12:19 PM   #11314
Craig380
Mega Poster

The events overnight in the US. The can of worms is well and truly opened now, I genuinely fear what's going to happen as a result.
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-24, 02:39 PM   #11315
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

It will almost certainly kick off with some factions of his base, but can you imagine how much worse it would be if the shooter's aim had been better?
Old 15-07-24, 07:33 AM   #11316
Seeker
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig380 View Post
The events overnight in the US. The can of worms is well and truly opened now, I genuinely fear what's going to happen as a result.

Hmm, a registered Republican using an AR15 rifle and the conspiracy theorists are still trying to blame the Democrats. No escaping the cult.
Old 18-07-24, 10:50 AM   #11317
Seeker
Mega Poster

Aahh summer. Warm sunny days and a conservatory full of flying ants.

I thought I'd successfully sealed all the gaps since I didn't get any last year, but no, apparently not.
Old 19-07-24, 04:55 PM   #11318
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

My car is now back from its service. It's partly my fault for insisting on a new battery (do not want another car to die on me) but of course I got the upsell on the new brake fluid and just as I thought I was safe they called to say my rear pads were down 1mm and the disc is getting pretty scored... yes, OK. It was over a grand in the end, with most of it being parts. The battery alone was over £300. I need a drink and a lie down!
Old 19-07-24, 04:57 PM   #11319
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
My car is now back from its service. It's partly my fault for insisting on a new battery (do not want another car to die on me) but of course I got the upsell on the new brake fluid and just as I thought I was safe they called to say my rear pads were down 1mm and the disc is getting pretty scored... yes, OK. It was over a grand in the end, with most of it being parts. The battery alone was over £300. I need a drink and a lie down!
£300 for a battery!

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Old 19-07-24, 09:03 PM   #11320
redtrummy

£300! Wow
redtrummy is offline   Reply With Quote