SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 19-10-07, 02:28 PM   #111
krhall

Default Re: The running thread!

I must admit I feel rough, but my legs aren't aching for the first time in months!
Old 21-10-07, 06:36 PM   #112
krhall

Well I was still feeling a bit ropey this morning, mainly my chest and also not helped by a large doner and chips last night whilst watching the rugby. Still I had already paid so decided to go and even just getting round would be cool.

Maidstone is clearly more mountainous than the himalayas!!!!! I felt like cack after about 3 miles, but the thought of a burger at the end just about kept me going.

I managed a PB too, not too sure how, but knocked 11:40 off of my previous best of 1:57:59, so my new PB is 1:46:19.............

This is clear proof that lack of ability doesn't stop you if you are determined! I have now recovered enough to be able to type this.

I think the 2 lucozades, large Duo Mars Bar, Wheat Crunchies, Roast Dinner, Cheese on Toast, Ice Cream and a crunch corner helped.......................still didn't find a burger (YET)!
Old 21-10-07, 08:53 PM   #113
mac99

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhall View Post
Well I was still feeling a bit ropey this morning, mainly my chest and also not helped by a large doner and chips last night whilst watching the rugby. Still I had already paid so decided to go and even just getting round would be cool.

Maidstone is clearly more mountainous than the himalayas!!!!! I felt like cack after about 3 miles, but the thought of a burger at the end just about kept me going.

I managed a PB too, not too sure how, but knocked 11:40 off of my previous best of 1:57:59, so my new PB is 1:46:19.............

This is clear proof that lack of ability doesn't stop you if you are determined! I have now recovered enough to be able to type this.

I think the 2 lucozades, large Duo Mars Bar, Wheat Crunchies, Roast Dinner, Cheese on Toast, Ice Cream and a crunch corner helped.......................still didn't find a burger (YET)!
Congrats!

You'll be waddling about like an old cripple for a few days I guess .
Old 22-10-07, 06:56 AM   #114
gettin2dizzy

My housemate just ran a half marathon in a 'dissapointing' 1.23!
Old 23-10-07, 09:14 AM   #115
Ed

Did a terrific hilly 12 miler around Falmouth this weekend (we were there visiting MIL). Falmouth is remarkable in that there isn't a flat street in the town. Last long run before next weekend's race. Very excited!
Old 30-10-07, 02:12 PM   #116
Ed

I know you've all missed me for best part of a week. I've been to:

well not exactly, I was in Arlington, Virginia - which is across the river.

Sunday, I was running in the US Marine Corps marathon. Starts in Arlington, crosses into DC, meanders round the town, and then across back into Arlington to finish by the Iwo Jima monument. I finished in 3.48.20. I was very pleased with that. As it's sponsored by the military, there are a lot of military people running, and also a lot of shirts saying 'In honor of [name]. I asked one man who was wearing a shirt 'In honor of L/Cpl Andrew Patton' if he was related to him. He said 'he was my son'. I felt so humbled.

I have a whopping great medal - it's really nice, not your average cheapo nasty plastic rubbish. I had a terrific time too, it's by far the best marathon I've run in terms of organisation, route, and friendly runners. I want to go back next year!
Old 30-10-07, 02:15 PM   #117
Filipe M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
I know you've all missed me for best part of a week. I've been to:

well not exactly, I was in Arlington, Virginia - which is across the river.

Sunday, I was running in the US Marine Corps marathon. Starts in Arlington, crosses into DC, meanders round the town, and then across back into Arlington to finish by the Iwo Jima monument. I finished in 3.48.20. I was very pleased with that. As it's sponsored by the military, there are a lot of military people running, and also a lot of shirts saying 'In honor of [name]. I asked one man who was wearing a shirt 'In honor of L/Cpl Andrew Patton' if he was related to him. He said 'he was my son'. I felt so humbled.

I have a whopping great medal - it's really nice, not your average cheapo nasty plastic rubbish. I had a terrific time too, it's by far the best marathon I've run in terms of organisation, route, and friendly runners. I want to go back next year!
Glad you had a great time, welcome back!
Old 30-10-07, 02:36 PM   #118
gettin2dizzy

well done!
Old 05-11-07, 11:37 AM   #119
Ed

Does anyone on this thread do Chi Running? I went to a talk and a demo on the subject when I was in Washington. I'm sold on it. Uses T'ai Chi moves - v v powerful stuff.
Old 05-11-07, 11:47 AM   #120
gettin2dizzy

anyone used the technogym running machines?