SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 08-10-10, 07:20 PM   #111
WeegieBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedt5 View Post
[QUOTE Getting bt023's as I heard they're good in the wet and good commuters.
i was after them myself but they only had a front so i got perrelli angels.i'm very impressed with them[/QUOTE]

Do you commute on them? I do 40 miles a day on mine so hoping they don't square off too badly.
Old 08-10-10, 07:40 PM   #112
gedt5

Default Re: West Coast - Ayr Rideout

i commuted on bt021s and i thought they squared off quite quickly.i was doing 35 miles a day.

the angels are said to get 7000 miles out of a busa or gixxer and are very hard in the middle and soft on the outside.
i've been very impressed with the angels and i'm getting right over with only about 1-2mm left on the chicken strips.i'm not commuting as much as i've downsized the car from a 2.5ltr to a 1.2
.i have put 6000miles on the bike in 10months and changed the factory bridgestones after 4700.
there was plenty left on the sides but the middle was well below the limit.
Old 08-10-10, 10:20 PM   #113
WeegieBlue

My current ones have loads of edge but are literally at the canvas in the centre! The guy I bought it from had already squared them off and I've done about 1000 miles in about a month and I've not been shy with the throttle. I'm gonna give the bt023's a pop and also try the Avon storms that everyone loves - I bought a set off an orger for £100 so worth a shot. I'll try angels after that as I can see me going through some amount of tyres at this rate!
Old 08-10-10, 10:39 PM   #114
Gixxer1

Hey guys, just to let you know I may be able to make the ride out this sunday cos the superbitch EX wife is bein an awkward beitch about me seeing my kids, (long story) so if I'm not seeing the little ones I'm defo up for it missin the 2 girls like hell tho.
Old 08-10-10, 10:43 PM   #115
Gixxer1

Oh and the tyre thingy, you canny beat bt016's for out n out sports riding, bloody awesome, I'm running bt014's on the zzr n they seem ok so far, 380 miles so I'll wait n see how they last, prob no bloody long lol.....
Old 08-10-10, 11:01 PM   #116
TheRamJam
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1 View Post
Oh and the tyre thingy, you canny beat bt016's for out n out sports riding, bloody awesome, I'm running bt014's on the zzr n they seem ok so far, 380 miles so I'll wait n see how they last, prob no bloody long lol.....
Hows the new bike then kiddo!!
Yamaha MT 10 - Sold

Current Bike: Aprilia Tuono V4 Factory
TheRamJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-10, 07:53 AM   #117
gedt5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1 View Post
sorry jim your not aloud to coment on tyres because you have a zzr thats going to eat tyres.you wont have a set long enough to form an opinion
Old 09-10-10, 08:37 AM   #118
Gixxer1

New bikes bloody great, so much power it's scary, surprised how I can still throw it round the bends wi it being a bigger n heavier bike, need a wee tweak of the suspension tho.

Yeah gerry your prob right about the tyres no lasting but heyho, thats the joys of super fast
Old 09-10-10, 02:25 PM   #119
WeegieBlue

I might not be coming along now. Struggling to get tyres and I'm a bit worried about the baldness of my rear tyre. Gutted, but prefer to be gutted rather than get 3 points or lose the back end on the twisties.

If I get anything sorted I shall post back but at 1525 on a Saturday afternoon I'm not overly confident.
Old 09-10-10, 03:28 PM   #120
SIII
Mega Poster

pto

Last edited by SIII; 09-10-10 at 04:12 PM.
SIII is offline   Reply With Quote