SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Racing and Paddock Chat The latest news, talk, and gossip from the world of bike racing, you can also discuss track days here too.

Closed Thread

Old 22-03-06, 09:41 PM   #111
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

I think the trouble is now that they've set a precendent with the FP1. I mean have you seen the road bike version of that for sale anywhere ?

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
Old 22-03-06, 11:24 PM   #112
Peter Henry

I dont think the initial plan for the Desmosedici would see it fit the rules for WSB, they are making one a day only! 50'000 euros get's you one! I have mentioned before that if it goes in to real world production I could be seriously tempted.

However Aprilia with their new cash could beat them to that and the signs are that they will indeed be back next year with a V4. One which could go in to production sooner and so take my eye,(I was told when buying the Ducati last year to hold off on the Mille as a totally new bike was on it's way)

I would not rule out Moto GP for Aprilia but maybe more sense sees them in WSB.

Old 23-03-06, 08:10 AM   #113
PeterM

The FP1s are for sale in Malaysia. The rules are written such that you only need to have the bits to make x number of bikes available for homolgation, not actually sell that number.

The main problem with the FP1s is that they simply do not have the power or power delivery to be able to do anything in a straight line. They can carry great corner speed etc but if they're stuck behind a barge in the corners they're stuffed if it can out grunt them out of the corners and down the straights.

Old 23-03-06, 11:35 AM   #114
Peter Henry

How important to win first race of season?

Well personally I would have thought no big deal really? Catch up and pass as the season progresses? Wrong big time!

Yer man Valentino has won the first race every year in the top class (500/Moto GP) that is 5 years on the trot...the rest as they say is history!

But what about these stats.....

Out of the 57 years the championships have been running the eventual champion was the winner of the season opener on 31 occasions.

Furthermore 41 champions have at least had a podium finish in the first race!

That does put a different perspective to watching this weekend's action doesn't it?

Old 23-03-06, 01:05 PM   #115
tricky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Henry
Stuff your main opponent off the track and then win the first race will give you a bigger advantage

Old 23-03-06, 01:15 PM   #116
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky
Quote:
Stuff your main opponent off the track and then win the first race will give you a bigger advantage
Or put another way :-

Making a hard but legal manoeuvre on your main championship rival & then playing mind games that mess with his head so much that he ends up riding like a wet cabbage for the rest of the season will give you a healthy advantage !!
Old 23-03-06, 01:16 PM   #117
Filipe M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervox
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky
Quote:
Or put another way :-

Making a hard but legal manoeuvre on your main championship rival & then playing mind games that mess with his head so much that he ends up riding like a wet cabbage for the rest of the season will give you a healthy advantage !!
That's more like it!

Old 23-03-06, 03:27 PM   #118
kwak zzr

ive always dis'd that move of valo's, he can be great champion without riding like that. as for the first race of the season dont you find that the results are always abit different until things settle down.

Old 23-03-06, 03:32 PM   #119
kwak zzr

Sean Emmit racing for no wages must be desperate.

Old 23-03-06, 03:36 PM   #120
Cloggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak zzr
Sean Emmit racing for no wages must be desperate.
... or very rich

Closed Thread