SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 07-03-08, 03:07 PM   #111
stewie

Default Re: Wirral Egg Run 16th March - Thread to Arrange Ride in / Out to Meeting point

Sounds like a plan, tbh I dont know the area too well meself although I know how to get too the stanney, its near the blue planet I think, but wheres the tesco,s in Bidston ?
Old 07-03-08, 03:15 PM   #112
Speedy Claire

Default Re: Wirral Egg Run 16th March - Thread to Arrange Ride in / Out to Meeting point

Not sure which way you`d be coming Stewie but from the Stanney it`d be M53, come off at New Brighton/Wallasey turn off and at the roundabout take the exit for Moreton/Bidston. Go straight ahead (past B and Q) to the next roundabout and tesco`s is on the left. They`re vague directions off the top of my head tho i can easily ride there. If needs be i`ll meet everyone at the Stanney and we can head for tesco`s... would take at a guess maybe 10 mins?
Old 07-03-08, 03:20 PM   #113
stewie

Well tbh I dont mind leading a few over that way if no one objects, save you coming miles out of your way, in fact just havin a look at the list of peeps attending and It might be just as easy meeting at the usual chester services meeting point and straight down the motorway, saying that pedro might be sorted next weekend and I dont want to step on anyones toes or change things this late.
Old 07-03-08, 03:24 PM   #114
Speedy Claire

ok hun... Pedro has said he won`t be able to make it but am sure he`ll keep us updated. It might be easiest as you say for you all to meet at Chester Services and then the rest of us can meet you at Tesco`s. Not sure how long it`d take you from the services but from Cheshire Oakes you`d be looking at maybe 15 to 20 mins (again at a guess cos I don`t know what speed you`d be doing!)
Old 07-03-08, 03:30 PM   #115
stewie

Well if James and Mac and Sandy are meeting at 08.45 at the pyramid, they should be over to the chester services for 9.15 ish that would mean being up to bidston 9.45 - 9.50 ish, how does that sound ?
Old 07-03-08, 03:41 PM   #116
Speedy Claire

The run starts at 11am... I think if we get to Tesco`s for 10.30 that gives us time to say hi and get to the meeting point for the run (5 mins away). Remember it`d be best for everyone to fill up with fuel prior to meeting at Tesco`s as it might be really busy with bikes needing fuel.

If people want to meet earlier than 10.30 for a gab its not a problem
Old 07-03-08, 04:43 PM   #117
Pedro68

Just a quick update ...

Bike - may well have engine sorted tomorrow - just a matter of when the very nice mototech (Mark) can fit it

Tesco @ bidston - you may wanna avoid that to be honest.
The petrol station is currently closed and is scheduled to re-open on Fri 14th March! So I'm guessing that it might be busier than usual, plus with any egg-runners, it could be a nightmare.

Might be better off meeting at B&Q car park (M53 J1 retail park), and fueling up elsewhere. If you want alternative fueling locations gimme a shout.

However I may ... just MAY make it to the egg run yet! Then I can lead you all to alternative petrol stations should the need arise
Old 07-03-08, 04:57 PM   #118
Speedy Claire

ok hun....... we`ll play it by ear then and see how you`re fixed. B and Q will be just as easy to get to
Old 09-03-08, 05:17 PM   #119
stewie

Dunno bout the rest of you but I cant wait, roll on sunday
Old 09-03-08, 09:19 PM   #120
flymo
Mega Poster

Another option for your ride in might be to come down the A41. Leave the M53 at Eastham and follow signs for A41 Bromoborough/Birkenhead. If you've been to the TAP before now its the same turn off the M53.

Follow that A41 as far as it goes (straight line for miles), a few Shell garages down that way too, cheapest around at the moment.

By this point you should be able to follow other bikes as it gets pretty busy the closer you get.
flymo is offline   Reply With Quote