SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 14-06-16, 12:30 PM   #1201
yokohama

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

The plan is to keep the macro lens for the moment and try it out...see how I feel about it. Once I've put light seals in the OM2, I'll shoot a film through it using the macro at different ranges.
If I decide to let it go, you can have first dibs, but unfortunately it's not a cheapo.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-16, 01:49 PM   #1202
Kenzie

No worries. Been out shooting?

Sent from my Xperia T
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-16, 02:44 PM   #1203
yokohama

Unfortunately not, working. But I've got next week off so hope to get out with cameras and on the bike too.
Old 14-06-16, 03:14 PM   #1204
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Ha, another Contina, though really it's a later version of the Ikonta 35, I have one on a shelf, looks nice but guess what, too sticky to use - add it to the list. They are very compact and I like the idea of a folding 35mm, even if it is zone focus. Good that it has a case, they're hard to find.

This may be of interest, I don't know much about it but it's free:
www.coursera.org/learn/photography
From what I can gather it's more about appreciation and composition than technique. Might give it a go.

Missed what would have been a really great picture yesterday. Just popped across the road to post a card, with my little daughter. She scampered off ahead and can just reach the slot of the postbox now. As she was getting closer to it, it struck me, but I didn't even have my phone in my pocket. Bright red postbox set in a stone wall, tarmac path, grass verge, bright blue envelope, light behind me, definitely not one for B&W. Oh well! She loves posting letters so it would have been good.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-16, 04:41 PM   #1205
yokohama

That course looks interesting but are you sure it's free? There's mention of a fee.

Northallerton charity shops are a different league to those in Ipswich. I walked past one on the way home - they had a Spotmatic f in the window. Lots of goodies with it, extra 35mm lens, flash, case, eyepiece...... but they wanted £50 and both lenses had lots of mould on both the front and rear elements.
Old 14-06-16, 05:04 PM   #1206
Kenzie

Good stuff doesn't come up that often at low prices. Normally they want too much for it and I pass. Most I'll pay is a tenner. Remind me what sort of camera your fried was after?
Johnny, all those cameras and you didn't have one on you???
Has your mystery camera arrived yet?

Last edited by Kenzie; 14-06-16 at 06:50 PM.
Old 14-06-16, 07:46 PM   #1207
yokohama

Damn! There's an xd7 amongst that lot.

I think my friend will be happy with some kind of rangefinder type thing. I sent her some pics and I think she'd prefer more of the Trip style than the old Zeiss machines.
Old 14-06-16, 07:50 PM   #1208
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Yeah they're not glued to me. I'm not really a technophile but normally I'd have my phone on me for its camera, just bad luck. I don't mind watching life without trying to picture it, but I just saw it coming together and it would have been that good.

Spotty sounds good, depends a bit if the mould has eaten the coating or if there are any other problems. Sometimes things like that are a symptom of damp storage so the camera has rust etc. inside, though older lenses do grow fungus quite readily sometimes. I think the F was the first with open aperture metering? I'm not enough of a purist to live with stop-down.

Not delivered yet, soon I think. Also must get thumb out and try to reassemble the Vito - when do you need the cameras for, yoke?
Old 14-06-16, 07:51 PM   #1209
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

There seem to be grillions of Himatic 7s on ebay for buttons, the Rokkor lens is said to be good I believe
Old 14-06-16, 08:03 PM   #1210
Kenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokohama View Post
Damn! There's an xd7 amongst that lot.
Is that a good thing?

Yoko, be careful of rangefinders from the 1970s, they use a unavailable mercury battery. You can get replacements but have to drop the iso setting a notch to compensate.