SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 27-06-16, 12:19 PM   #1351
Kenzie

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Thanks Yoko but I need to tighten the purse strings as I have bought way too much just lately. I do still have the blue Trip if you are interested? Just watched a Trip with PS200 flash sell for £36 plus postage! Prices have gone crazy!

Sent from my Xperia T

Last edited by Kenzie; 27-06-16 at 06:50 PM.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-16, 09:03 PM   #1352
yokohama

I know what you mean about the purse strings. I did a little inventory over the weekend and need to rationalise a bit. That said, they had a couple of those Tamron 70-210s .. couldn't resist one seeing as I have an OM mount.
I can see that Trip with box and case that you flagged up earlier going for well over £20. (or was that the one that went for £36)
I'll definitely bear that blue Trip in mind if nothing else turns up. But I'll keep looking on ebay and Gumtree.

Last edited by yokohama; 27-06-16 at 09:05 PM.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-16, 09:11 PM   #1353
Kenzie

I think it the boxed one will go for a bit ( I got a boxed silver button model for a fiver from a boo tsale). The £36 was just the camera, case and flash. They seem to be going for silly money lately and I have managed to find two for less than a fiver for the pair! I will try and get a Tamron come next pay day I think. I also think I may have fixed the iffy shutter button on the P30t. Hope so as its a nice camera, bit 90s plastic but still good spec. B-1000 shutter speed plus auto, dx coding and dof preview lever.
Got the mount adapter for my Vivitar lens. Seems it is a T4 rather than a TX so a small mod was needed on the lens to allow the mount to work. Its a beast and really heavy but the image is bright and clear.

Last edited by Kenzie; 29-06-16 at 06:03 AM.
Old 29-06-16, 07:53 AM   #1354
yokohama

Yeah, I'm watching the boxed one out of interest. It's up to £12.50 and still 3 days to go. I can see it going for mid-twenties, maybe more. Finding yours at such low prices is brilliant.
I'll let you know about the Tamron when it comes; expecting that and the OM20 to arrive later this week.
Which Vivitar is it you've got?
Old 29-06-16, 12:07 PM   #1355
Kenzie

I know, had to have extreme poker face when he gave me the price. Its loaded with Lomo 400 iso at the moment. The Vivitar is a 300mm f5.5 and I think its a T4 or TX and its a beast. Will post a shot up tonight. The mounts are quite expensive so when the Pentax one came up at half the price then I had to jump on it. Off to London in a couple of weeks so may takebthe XA3 as its easy to pocket.

Sent from my Xperia T
Old 29-06-16, 12:23 PM   #1356
yokohama

OMG ... look at the price of that boxed trip now!
Old 29-06-16, 05:48 PM   #1357
Kenzie

So you won't be bidding on that then? My Auto M arrived today. Sadly I can't fix the rangefinder window but I sorted out the film crank which was being held on with the rewind button (who knows how they rewound the film) and unstuck the shutter. Marked the point of infinity focus and unscrewed the lens. Avoided the trap that killed the last one I had and swabbed the blades. Changed out the rear element as it had fungus and put it all back together. The case has two addresses. Mrs Ansell 44 Macdonnell Road Hong Kong and the same owner at 66 St Vincent Road Stone Staffs and a really old phone number.

Last edited by Kenzie; 29-06-16 at 05:53 PM.
Old 29-06-16, 06:42 PM   #1358
yokohama

I'm certainly out of the bidding on that Trip. It's a really crazy price.
The Vivitar looks a serious lens, especially on the Pentax, which I guess is quite compact. I've a Hoya 100-300 zoom for the Olympus, which must be quite similar (both made by Tokina I think) Not used it with film yet but the 5.5 makes it hard to focus in certain light conditions as one of the hemispheres in the focus screen just blacks out in anything but bright light,...although it might be me and parallax related. I'll have to try it out but it's a big thing to carry round.
I think I have been within a couple of blocks of Mrs Ansell's HK residence..
Old 29-06-16, 07:00 PM   #1359
Kenzie

Really? That's cool. Wonder how old the camera is. The Vivitar is fairly weighty so I doubt it would be something carried about all day. The P30t is a mid sized slr, the lens looks funny on the MV1. Unwatched a load of things on ebay to remove temptation.
Old 29-06-16, 07:25 PM   #1360
yokohama

When the Tokina comes, I'll post a shot of the Olympus with the big lenses for comparison.
I'm not watching anything right now - apart from the Trip for amusement. I've got a few bits I'll never use up for sale to try and recoup a bit of cash. I seem to have acquired several flash units too. Some of those will need to go.