SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Racing and Paddock Chat The latest news, talk, and gossip from the world of bike racing, you can also discuss track days here too.

Closed Thread

Old 17-10-06, 08:01 AM   #1361
Jdubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVeeedy Gonzales
Dani - another risk that went wrong. I was surprised that he lost grip there, other riders went over the paint and didn't suffer at all/as badly as that one, and to take out Nicky too...
Yes but if you watch the slomo replay you will see that before he hits the paint the bike hits a dip in the track and unsettles the front end

Old 17-10-06, 08:09 AM   #1362
lukemillar

I have been holding off because of the "no-chat-till-monday' and it's been scrapped!

Pretty much talked this to death yesterday at work, but I thought I might add something here! I'm sure much of this has been covered.

Tony Elias - Absolutely stunning. I have no idea how he kept it on the track, but was just amazing to watch - especially outbraking and sliding past KR and VR into the final lap - totally deserved the win.

Pedrosa + Hayden - In some ways I like that incidents like this happen and that people are still racing each other, no team orders. I hate it when racers obviously move out the way to let someone through etc. After all, I think races should be won and lost by people's abilities to ride, not someone with a large chequebook wagging their finger from the back of the pits. However, I thought that the move in question was never going to stick, and if anything went wrong (which it did) then it would be the worse possible scenario. So rather than team orders - he should have excercised a little caution. Has anyone pondered this though - if NH was faster, then Dani wouldn't have even been challenging the place in the first place (waits for fallout!!)

I'm not a big NH fan and I don't think his season this year is worthy of the championship. I'm glad that all is not lost though and that it is to be decided at the last race, but I think it would have been far more exciting if NH had led VR into Valencia by a few points, rather than the other way round, VR is a better rider (imo) and I think we will see his 8th in 2 weeks time.

Old 17-10-06, 10:20 AM   #1363
creamerybutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-jay
Quote:
Don't the points go like this 1st = 25, 2nd = 20, 3rd = 16, 4th = 13? If that is the case Rossi will need to be 2nd if Hayden wins.
Nicky will need to win with Rossi 3rd, no?
Aye for Nicky to become champion but I was looking at it from Rossi's point of view.

Old 17-10-06, 03:17 PM   #1364
Bez

A couple of clips. (Sorry if they are a repost)

The Dani crash
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...en+crash&hl=en

The hayden interview clip
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QirRto6RbM

Old 17-10-06, 04:38 PM   #1365
Silver Dream

How cool would this be? Bayliss - Factory Ducati - Nothing to loose or prove

Quote from Federico Minoli's Blog:

The proposal put forward by several of you to take Troy to Valencia seems a good idea. We still hope that Sete will get better and be able to race, making up for an unfortunate season. If, regrettably, this is not possible I promise you I’ll do all I can to get Troy onto the Desmosedici.

Old 17-10-06, 05:38 PM   #1366
Peter Henry

Just dont see the point in the exercise myself. Troy looks like he was born to ride the 999 but the Moto GP bike is a very different animal. Ok his track time would just be a glorified multiple lap of honour but he didn't fair too well in his last dalliance in this class did he?

Old 17-10-06, 06:10 PM   #1367
Jdubya

No TB didn't...perhaps another season defending his title and maybe, just maybe he will retire. Dunno why but I think he may just shock everyone at the end of the season. Remember, you heard it here first

Old 18-10-06, 12:27 PM   #1368
Peter Henry

Pedrosa gets new HRC leathers.

Old 18-10-06, 12:38 PM   #1369
Filipe M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Henry
Pedrosa gets new HRC leathers.

Old 18-10-06, 01:38 PM   #1370
Scooby Drew

http://www.superbike.co.uk/news/supe...ws_97764.html]

Closed Thread