SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 28-12-11, 11:38 AM   #1381
xXBADGERXx

Default Re: The MTB thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMio View Post
Had a lot of good recommendations about the Kenda Nevegals which I'm looking at next, anyone tried these?
A good tyre mate , can be a tad soft so don`t expect exceptional life out of them but more than up to the job for British Trails
Old 30-12-11, 10:03 AM   #1382
JamesMio
Mega Poster

Well, kinda wish I'd got my finger out and bought those new tyres now! Had the front end wash out on me during a twisty bit at Winlatter yesterday, result = 1 bust knee, complete with stitches.

So, new tyres & some knee pads now on the shopping list!

Creatomatic
JamesMio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-11, 10:06 AM   #1383
Drew Carey
Not Fizzwheel
Mega Poster

Quote:
Well, kinda wish I'd got my finger out and bought those new tyres now! Had the front end wash out on me during a twisty bit at Winlatter yesterday, result = 1 bust knee, complete with stitches.

Ouch....GWS mate.

Its the exact reason I have upgraded tyres with all my Xmas Chainreaction vouchers - and a set of these;

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=60808

Went for these as I use flats with 5:10 shoes and have bashed my shins too many times. Hopefully will give me a little more confidence so I am less focused on not bashing shins etc.

Hovis RIP Buddy - 13/08/1975 - 03/10/2009
"Feckinnnn Unluckkeeeeeeee"
Drew Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-11, 10:26 AM   #1384
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:

Ouch
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-11, 06:48 PM   #1385
Drew Carey
Not Fizzwheel
Mega Poster

Anyone know if the Hope Hoops pro3 AM-4 (not the weight restricted hubs) on Stans Flows are worth the extra £50 more than the pro 2's on flows?

Will be purchasing some new wheels soon to get rid of the oem spesh ones.

Cheers. Drew

Old 01-01-12, 03:43 AM   #1386
1210tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Carey View Post
Anyone know if the Hope Hoops pro3 AM-4 (not the weight restricted hubs) on Stans Flows are worth the extra £50 more than the pro 2's on flows?

Will be purchasing some new wheels soon to get rid of the oem spesh ones.

Cheers. Drew
Not to me, I'd have to change my rotors as well from 6 bolt to 3 bolt so not only would I have to spend extra on the wheels but also on new rotors.

Keep an eye on the bay, I just won an auction for a set of brand new pro 2's on xc717d rims for £200, rrp £330 I think the seller was 'fastpartsforbikes' or something like that
Old 01-01-12, 09:39 AM   #1387
Drew Carey
Not Fizzwheel
Mega Poster

The Am4 are 4 bolt rotors and quite a few suppliers sell them at the same price as others when i searched.

Let me know how you get on with the ebay Purchase. Only that some people advised me to not use them as the owner is David Hinde who has a bad rep (google his name). But saying that, the feedback on ebay is ok.....so never sure lol. If it all goes well and quick for you i may use them too.

Old 01-01-12, 10:51 AM   #1388
1210tech

Quote:
The Am4 are 4 bolt rotors and quite a few suppliers sell them at the same price as others when i searched.

Let me know how you get on with the ebay Purchase. Only that some people advised me to not use them as the owner is David Hinde who has a bad rep (google his name). But saying that, the feedback on ebay is ok.....so never sure lol. If it all goes well and quick for you i may use them too.
Yeah sorry, 4 bolts, I was a bit worse for wear when I typed my reply this morning

I won the auction last week so I'd imagine once the christmas back log is out the way they should turn up
Old 13-01-12, 12:48 PM   #1389
Drew Carey
Not Fizzwheel
Mega Poster

Woop......forks are off to TF Tuned for a full service, new x-firm spring - plus addition of brand new MoCo Damper with Floodgate, Compression and Lockout....

Can't wait - should transform the forks - especially as they come standard with a medium spring - not good for my body mass!!!!!!

Old 13-01-12, 12:58 PM   #1390
1210tech

Quote:
Drew, wheels turned up on Monday