SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 25-04-10, 03:21 PM   #131
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Default Re: "33bhp?" Yes "i dont believe you, I'll seize your bike and take you to court"

Have you asked to speak to someone higher up as MBK advised?

I'd also advise you write everything down so if a complaint does go higher there's no questioning your memory.
Old 25-04-10, 03:21 PM   #132
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: "33bhp?" Yes "i dont believe you, I'll seize your bike and take you to court"

never mind about being there when bike is tested.. have you been in contact with a lawyer?

have they issued you with some sort of receipt for the bike?
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-10, 03:36 PM   #133
Flameboy

still no receipt for the bike... the Police officer seems to think he's perfectly in the right not giving me anything, I have been in contact with a higher ranking officer but he's not to sure on the situation either. about to call again now.

Last edited by Flameboy; 25-04-10 at 03:39 PM.
Old 25-04-10, 03:39 PM   #134
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Apologies if this has been said but I'm positive by law they have to do the paper work and give you a copy, same as stop & search etc., they also should have a valid reason and if 'because you look young' was actually said then that seems like discrimination. As said write everything down and make an official complaint also claim for taxi's/ buses etc., damage to bike...

Out of interest, were you being a tosser when they were talking to you?
Old 25-04-10, 03:41 PM   #135
speedplay

Where did this happen?

I'm just asking so I can avoid the area.
Your local plod seem to be even bigget knobs than round here.
Old 25-04-10, 03:50 PM   #136
Flameboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post

Out of interest, were you being a tosser when they were talking to you?
Not at first, I think i was more than compliant, i was happy for the other officer to test ride the bike see if he believed it was restricted, what frustrated me was when he arrived, made a call to someone that told him about this "plate" and i know that nothing exists, i did get a little more defensive but in my opinion, rightly so when they're saying I'm going to have to defend myself in front of a magistrate for not displaying something that does not exist?
Old 25-04-10, 03:51 PM   #137
Milky Bar Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameboy View Post
still no receipt for the bike... the Police officer seems to think he's perfectly in the right not giving me anything, I have been in contact with a higher ranking officer but he's not to sure on the situation either. about to call again now.
Stop calling. Go into a station and request to speak with the duty Inspector and if there isn't one available, speak with a Sergeant and make them take down your details and get an Inspector to contact you when they are available and arrange a meeting with them.
Old 25-04-10, 03:51 PM   #138
Flameboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedplay View Post
Where did this happen?

I'm just asking so I can avoid the area.
Your local plod seem to be even bigget knobs than round here.
If i were you, avoid Nuneaton entirely
Old 25-04-10, 03:53 PM   #139
speedplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameboy View Post
avoid Nuneaton entirely

Sounds like great advice to me
Old 25-04-10, 03:55 PM   #140
Flameboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Bar Kid View Post
Stop calling. Go into a station and request to speak with the duty Inspector and if there isn't one available, speak with a Sergeant and make them take down your details and get an Inspector to contact you when they are available and arrange a meeting with them.
Heading down around 6:30 to try and speak with the duty inspector