SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 27-01-15, 01:30 PM   #1391
pookie

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

people in shiney cars that like parking in child parking spaces ...
Now - 2010 Triton blue sv650s -Back to the future
pookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-15, 01:35 PM   #1392
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie View Post
people in shiney cars that like parking in child parking spaces ...
I've never seen a child left parked in the carpark.
The way some kids behave I think it would be a good idea
Old 27-01-15, 01:45 PM   #1393
BadFootBill

I live in a 3 bed student house and my housemate sits in his room in shorts and a tshirt warming himself up with a hair dryer....JUST PUT ON WARMER CLOTHES.
Old 27-01-15, 02:59 PM   #1394
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadFootBill View Post
I live in a 3 bed student house and my housemate sits in his room in shorts and a tshirt warming himself up with a hair dryer....JUST PUT ON WARMER CLOTHES.
Thats the problem with some young people they think electricity is free, but thats because their parent's pay for it all.

Ive put stickers on light switches to remind my eldest to switch the lights off, but it doesn't work.

Take the fuse out of the plug, that'd stop him using it
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-15, 05:20 PM   #1395
daveangel

If they object to your economy drive remember the old proverb . . .

Kids! Tired of being hassled by unreasonable parents?

Leave home and pay your own way while you still know everything

'99 'curvy' SV650S, R&G Bobbins, Renegade Endcan, no anodised bling. .
daveangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-15, 05:21 PM   #1396
ophic
Mega Poster

Incompetent retailers...

This has been going on for a few weeks now. I bought a cheap chinese petrol chainsaw from an online retailer for £70, and it was advertised with an Oregon chain. When it arrived it was supplied with some cheap chinese brand chain.

So I complained. They sent out an Oregon chain... the wrong gauge.

So I complained again. They sent out another of the same chains.

So I complained again. They sent out a chain of the correct gauge but the wrong number of links.

So I complained again. They suggested that I remove some links from the chain. I refused. Now they're trying to tell me that I haven't turned the tension screw.

It seems they're utterly incompetent and yet they're implying that I'm the retard here. I've sent them the exact code of the chain that's required but I haven't heard back yet.

I'll give them some credit - the delivery service is awesome. Oh and they haven't asked for any of the chains back. Still all I want is what I ordered in the first place.

I'm now an expert in chainsaw chain sizes.

Seriously - this is an accident waiting to happen. If they keep sending out incorrect chains to customers, somewhere someone's going to attempt to fit one and use it, and it's not as it chainsaws aren't dangerous enough already.
Old 27-01-15, 05:57 PM   #1397
thefallenangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophic View Post
Incompetent retailers...

This has been going on for a few weeks now. I bought a cheap chinese petrol chainsaw from an online retailer for £70, and it was advertised with an Oregon chain. When it arrived it was supplied with some cheap chinese brand chain.

So I complained. They sent out an Oregon chain... the wrong gauge.

So I complained again. They sent out another of the same chains.

So I complained again. They sent out a chain of the correct gauge but the wrong number of links.

So I complained again. They suggested that I remove some links from the chain. I refused. Now they're trying to tell me that I haven't turned the tension screw.

It seems they're utterly incompetent and yet they're implying that I'm the retard here. I've sent them the exact code of the chain that's required but I haven't heard back yet.

I'll give them some credit - the delivery service is awesome. Oh and they haven't asked for any of the chains back. Still all I want is what I ordered in the first place.

I'm now an expert in chainsaw chain sizes.

Seriously - this is an accident waiting to happen. If they keep sending out incorrect chains to customers, somewhere someone's going to attempt to fit one and use it, and it's not as it chainsaws aren't dangerous enough already.
I think this is a generic retail problem where stores rely on the customer to actually know what they are doing and the pleb being behind the till instead of in front of it.

Aside from the one member of staff in a store who actually cares most retail staff don't have a clue.
Old 27-01-15, 06:01 PM   #1398
Bibio
Mega Poster

teenage drivers especially young girls.

was at a set of lights when i felt a bump on the back of the car, looked out the rear view to see a car right up my chuffer. so i turn the motor off and and tell the driver (young girl) that she need to pull over as she has bumped my car and i need to check for damage and exchange detail just in case.

she pulls over onto the verge as do i we both get out and the first thing she says is 'i was not paying attention', then says there is no damage to your car. i say there might and there might not be damage and that will be up to the garage to determine as there are lots of sensors and stuff behind the bumper. the girl then jumps back in her car and starts to phone someone and i think ok.

i start to send a txt to myself with her reg number and she then starts the car and tries to drive off to which i stand in front of the car and tell her she is going nowhere till i take her details. well she then jumps out the car and starts to call me a d!ck and all sorts and then starts crying and saying that i'm scaring her and she is in a hurry.

i then tell her that if i'm scaring her then she should call the police and we will let them deal with the matter. i then tell her to calm down and tell me her name, address and to give me a phone number and to show me proof of ID to which she gives me a phone number and then starts crying again and says that i'm scaring her, jumps in her car and tries to drive off again to which i again stand in her way.

eventually she calms down a bit and then gets back out the car and refuses to give me her name and address as her mum says not to. to which i say well i have your reg number and a witness so please yourself but expect a visit from the police or a letter from my insurance company if there is any damage. i then explain that if there is no damage then all is well but if there is then it will have to be fixed and let her on her way.

now i know i'm ugly but to date i have never scared anyone with my mannerism. lol

i dont think i'm the first that she has done it to and i dont think i will be the last.. poor lass.

i have had a quick look at the car and everything seems to be fine so i think i'll just leave it at that.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-15, 06:37 PM   #1399
Bibio
Mega Poster

hahahaaa. its get better. i have just had the police on the phone so had a nice little chat as the girl went down and complained that i was accusing her of bumping my car. lol
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-15, 08:22 PM   #1400
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
hahahaaa. its get better. i have just had the police on the phone so had a nice little chat as the girl went down and complained that i was accusing her of bumping my car. lol
Can't think why dash cams are becoming so popular.
Good job you have a phone camera.