SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

East Anglian Revolution If you're based in East Anglia, then this could be for you.

Old 19-03-10, 08:20 PM   #1421
Seggons

Default Re: 'Ere 'ere is the EAR Megathread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjo View Post
Pics please
It'll be the first time Speedplays needed to use the macro setting on his camera.
Old 19-03-10, 08:30 PM   #1422
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_C View Post
Chin up KJ.

Me and dad went for a ride this afternoon, got a bit wet, then swapped bikes. His CB1300 is a big old comfy armchair, and it felt like riding a magic carpet. Loverly, that's my sort of bike.
I wouldn't mind a CB1300, reminds me of the old CB1100R's for some reason. Has your dads got the fairing or is it naked?
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-10, 09:44 PM   #1423
Sean_C

Naked, but only because the faired model wouldn't fit down the side of the house. I'm very enamoured with it
Old 20-03-10, 09:11 AM   #1424
petevtwin650

Quote:
Its quiet here, kids are with their dad and Jeff and i just agreed it was time to split so just sitting here with the cats and the tv, wondering whether i still have a bike, its all in my name but he bought it, my consciense says i should offer it back to him, but i want to keep it!!!
Really sorry to hear this KJ.

What I'm going to say next isn't going to win me any popularity contests in EAR though.

My conscience would not let me keep the bike, unless there was an agreed re-payment scheme put in place. Jeff, of course may take the stand that it was a gift, albeit a generous one and not accept it back anyway.

My other point is, that can you really afford to run it? I'm guessing Jeff chipped in occasionally. Obviously your kids have top priority and they won't get any cheaper unfortunately.

I know it's not the same, but can you not find somebody to take you out as pillion? Keeps you in the game and you can still practise a lot of your riding skills so that when a bike becomes a more viable option, you'll soon be up to speed.

Just my thoughts on your situation as I've read on here, so have made assumptions. Don't mean to offend or upset you, KJ.
Old 20-03-10, 09:16 AM   #1425
kellyjo

He's coming over later i think, i'll just ask him outright what he wants to do about the bike.

He's in a tricky situation too. He's only got a bike because he keeps it in my garage, he lives in a part of Peterborough where it would get trashed or nicked within 24 hours if left out on the street.
Old 20-03-10, 09:18 AM   #1426
speedplay

All fair comments pete.

I personally wouldn't expect a gift to be returned if I bought it for someone.
Jenn's car as an example, she smashed mine up and I bought her one to replace it.
If we split tomorrow, then I would expect the car to go with her.

Costs are another thing though.

Sometimes you do have to put things on the back burner for a while no matter how important they are to you.
Old 20-03-10, 09:19 AM   #1427
speedplay

If you do have to go bikeless for a while KJ, you can always throw a leg over mine when I'm in your area
Old 20-03-10, 10:14 AM   #1428
maviczap
Mega Poster

KJ there's always my C90, it needs riding, as it sits in my garage hogging space. bloomin topboxes
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-10, 10:25 AM   #1429
speedplay

I thought you were on the c90 last rideout...
Old 20-03-10, 10:32 AM   #1430
petevtwin650

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedplay View Post
All fair comments pete.
Cheers Rob.

Difficult to say things on a forum without seeming harsh or insensitive. Although I am at least one of those

Quote:
He's coming over later i think, i'll just ask him outright what he wants to do about the bike.

He's in a tricky situation too. He's only got a bike because he keeps it in my garage, he lives in a part of Peterborough where it would get trashed or nicked within 24 hours if left out on the street.
It sounds as if the split is amicable so you can act like adults, therefore offer him your garage space. That might be a temporary solution at least. A garage to rent costs what, £8 to £10 quid a week? That's 520 quid a year. 3 years and the curvy would be paid for.