SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Racing and Paddock Chat The latest news, talk, and gossip from the world of bike racing, you can also discuss track days here too.

Closed Thread

Old 30-10-06, 12:03 PM   #1461
Filipe M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Basket
Probably a different story if Biaggi won!
What drugs are you on? I want some too!!

Old 30-10-06, 12:06 PM   #1462
DanAbnormal

Totally gutted. I know people are saying now that Rossi can no longer handle pressure but look at the early season he had. He had so much bad luck with 3 dnf's and the other problems with the chassis. Had those not happened he would no doubt in my mind have won another championship. But racing is racing and you can always say 'what if'. My hat goes off to young Hayden, he did a great job despite some monumental f*ck ups from others to hinder his progress, he deserves the crown. Great race and Bayliss is a god!

Old 30-10-06, 12:34 PM   #1463
Jelster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv_dan
Totally gutted. I know people are saying now that Rossi can no longer handle pressure but look at the early season he had.
To be fair Dan, he did a great job in the 2nd half of the season, but when it came to crunch time he didn't deliver, which must be a first for Rossi. I'm not saying he can't handle the pressure, I was merely pointing out that in previous years he has had the title wrapped up with one or two races (even more) to go.

On Sunday he made a mistake getting away and because he fell behind he had to push a bit harder, which led to his off. That's racing. I said he would have it sewn up with 2 races to go, and now have to take my hat off to Hayden. Another interesting point is that if Hayden had finsihed in front of Rossi in Esteril, would the pressure have beed reversed ?

Old 30-10-06, 12:38 PM   #1464
Jelster

Default Changes to the racing thread

• [list:7e1145261a]PLEASE READ
[/list:u:7e1145261a]
It has been a cracking season, and in a week or so we'll be starting a new thread for the '07 season with a number of discussion points to kick it off.

If you'd like to PM me with some "discussion topics" to keep us going until the racing starts again please do.

Personally, I'm looking forward to Rossi trying to win his crown back, JT trying to win WSB and Stalker in BSB.

It's going to be good

Old 30-10-06, 02:28 PM   #1465
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

I've been playing the MCN Fantasy League all year. I had confirmation of my final postion this afternoon

Team Name: Fizzwheel Racing
Overall Points: 1743
Overall Position: 46
Game Month Points: 280
Game Month Position: 284

I was 46th this year, best result I've had.. I'm quite pleased with that. Anybody else been playing if so where did you finish.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
Old 30-10-06, 02:29 PM   #1466
northwind
Mega Poster

That was tense, eh? For a wee while it looked to be one of the best ends to a season I can think of in any racing series, when Rossi was in the 1:33s and carving up the backmarkers, while people fell off in front... But not to be. Not much good for actual racing, IMO, but it does show there's more to a great race than the actual racing
But we're oh so easily swayed"
Old 30-10-06, 04:07 PM   #1467
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

maybe Bayliss won because of the situation..

no one really needed to win to gain that many points.. it ended up a race of mathematics and safe riding to just do enough and no heroics required.
Old 31-10-06, 09:59 AM   #1468
creamerybutter

I am pleased for Hayden as I personally think this season was his best chance of taking the title. The race was a bit of an anti climax though, I was looking forward to a massive scrap between Hayden&Pedrossa/Rossi. Good season though and looking forward to the next one.

Old 31-10-06, 04:13 PM   #1469
Peter Henry

A very gracious former world champion, close to tears unless I read him wrong. For Valentino as close to being lost for words as it ever gets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bAt5KfvSvY

Old 31-10-06, 06:34 PM   #1470
The Basket

James Ellison get the boot non-shock.

Olivier Jacque get the Kwak seat. Poor old Sete looks out in the cold.

Closed Thread