SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Racing and Paddock Chat The latest news, talk, and gossip from the world of bike racing, you can also discuss track days here too.

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-06, 01:38 PM   #1481
kwak zzr

Hayden is consistant but thats about it

Old 08-11-06, 02:06 PM   #1482
creamerybutter

I think that while he isn't the best rider out there he isn't slow and being consistent is a bit part of wining championships. I still think it is worth pointing out Nicky had big problems with the developmental clutch he was using for a few races.

There is an article in the MCN how Nicky may not be the No1 rider in the Repsol team next year, personally I think that is a joke. IMO Pedrossa hasn't really proved himself this season he had far fewer setbacks than Rossi,Melandri and Caparossi and still finished below them all. When he has some head to head with the people at the top he moans they were too aggressive (or wipes them out). If winning the championship isn't enough to get you the top spot in your team what is?

Old 08-11-06, 02:18 PM   #1483
kwak zzr

its hard to understand how these motogp teams think there must be some logic somewhere even if i cant see it

Old 08-11-06, 05:09 PM   #1484
pete m

Shame Sete has hung up his leathers...he's been the man over the last few seasons, taking over from Biaggi to take the fight to Rossi. I liked him a lot - he was quick and took his opprtunities when they presented themselves...shame theres no quick bikes for him....

Old 09-11-06, 07:35 AM   #1485
Peter Henry

Sad though it is for Sete to bow out Pete, he has done the right thing. He admitted that he has lost his enjoyment of the game and refused to simply carry on simply to collect fat pay cheques. Those 3 collar bone breaks and busted hand he suffered last season would be enough to make anyone think again also.

As an aside Marco Melandri is to go through a procedure to correct a problem with one of his arms. He also suffers from walking difficulties which is a legacy of his big fall at Suzuka at the start of the 2003 season. Protection is way better than before, but these boys are still putting it on the line each time they go out on the track. Respect I say.

Nicky demoted to 2nd rider? I believe that his signing of the new contract stipulated dual leadership status in the team, something he insisted on. I think Pedrosa did enough this first season to show the world his true potential. Mistakes and some bad judgements were made of course, but a whole lot of talent in a small package with that kid.

Old 09-11-06, 12:21 PM   #1486
Well Oiled

Nicky may not have led for that many laps, but his bike wasn't competitive for much of the time and I doubt if anyone could have got more out of it in the circumstances.

As for next year, you have to say Pedrosa will have learned a lot from his mistakes, has some fantastic rides and victories to build on, and in theory will have more of a weight advantage at 800cc, but we'll see.

Then Vale will be back more hungry than ever, and there's Capirossi raring to go..

Damn - still 4 months to go till Qatar .......

Old 09-11-06, 12:47 PM   #1487
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Henry
Sad though it is for Sete to bow out Pete, he has done the right thing. He admitted that he has lost his enjoyment of the game and refused to simply carry on simply to collect fat pay cheques. Those 3 collar bone breaks and busted hand he suffered last season would be enough to make anyone think again also.

As an aside Marco Melandri is to go through a procedure to correct a problem with one of his arms. He also suffers from walking difficulties which is a legacy of his big fall at Suzuka at the start of the 2003 season. Protection is way better than before, but these boys are still putting it on the line each time they go out on the track. Respect I say.

Nicky demoted to 2nd rider? I believe that his signing of the new contract stipulated dual leadership status in the team, something he insisted on. I think Pedrosa did enough this first season to show the world his true potential. Mistakes and some bad judgements were made of course, but a whole lot of talent in a small package with that kid.
Not so according to More Crap than News - they have quoted NH as saying that he has formally requested that Honda bosses clarify his status but that he has received no reply as yet.
Old 09-11-06, 01:23 PM   #1488
tricky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Henry
Fuel for the Nicky Haters.....Troy Bayliss led for more laps when taking his stunning win at Valencia, than Nicky led all season!
You only need to be leading at the end of last one !

Old 09-11-06, 08:14 PM   #1489
Peter Henry

Super...I dont wish to question your source of info, but the news I read was the status issue was what made Nicky delay signing and had his head half turned by the likes of Ducati? It was gaining said clarification that swung the deal in his mind.

Old 10-11-06, 01:02 PM   #1490
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

How tacky can you get - I just visited (for the first time I hasten to add) NH's website to see if there was any info on the 'no.1 rider' situation & what happens ?

As it soon as the site opens I get hit with Queen's 'We Are The Champions'.

Now I am a huge Queen fan - but really !!