SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 07-05-11, 09:54 PM   #141
Specialone

Default Re: ARTNW Picture Thread

I've got the right bike, wrong shoulders

Funny cos a lot of people I've spoke to have similar tiredness issues, even the young ones generally don't do over 300 in a day regularly.

Nothing wrong with feeling tired after a ride anyway, I feel tired after playing football for two hours, I feel tired after working all day, just a fact of life.

All I'm saying generally is as you get older you'll feel more tired after a long ish ride or hard days work etc
I personally could not ride or drive 400-500 miles in a day anymore, nor would want to.
Old 07-05-11, 11:00 PM   #142
Bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
I've still got awful back ache from camping. I can't even blame the Gixxer as I woke up in agony on the Saturday morning and I hadn't even got on it by that point. Must be an age related thing, I've got into my 40s and started falling to bits.
I know what you mean love, 40's, don't you mean 30's though
Old 08-05-11, 07:51 AM   #143
ManxMatt34

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf1234 View Post
Well I am in my 30's and knackered lol!

Have to agree Phil - Mistakes like following your Sat Nav when it sent you in the opposite way to Wem lol!

Those 2 lads on the restricted SV (Ryan & Sean) were perfectly able to keep up. When we all got lost they were with me and we followed my SATNAV back and went 20 miles without seeing anyone and then started passing junctions that were marked by riders. Twas a little confusing.

Ask Ryan about the bloke in the Passat that was doing silly speeds!

Also Phil has a point about Alcohol intake. First ever time I have been on one of these meets, but I learnt that burning the candle at both ends and trying to ride a bike is not a good mix!
I've learnt from these mistakes, so when me Electro, SpeedClaire, Christopher and Donnybird all turned up early i started drinking at 2pm. But made sure i stopped by 6pm therefore giving me well over 12 hours for the alcohol i did drink too exit my system. I was then up at 6.40am for a shower and then went for a ride into town got a lovely breakfast and therefore was more than ready for the rideout on a bike i wasn't used to with tyres i didn't like. But still enjoyed!
Old 08-05-11, 07:54 AM   #144
ManxMatt34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy H View Post
Ha ha, that'll be after about ten minutes then......eh Matt?
I've no idea what your talking about! lol. I was getting carried away thats all. Who needs a Daytona when you can have a 10 year old Ninja anyway? :P
Old 08-05-11, 08:08 AM   #145
Specialone

With me, I drank all Friday afternoon and night but at a steady pace so felt fine next day, Sunday morning I was tired more than anything but that was due to still being round the burning oil drum at 3.am then waking at 7.am.

But drinking and riding don't mix so as matt said, I wouldn't get sh1te faced before a ride out or a ride of any description, not worth it.

Cost me too much money to get my license so I wanna hold on to it

Dan, I think you just consumed too many cans, then fell on the barb wire fence lol

Last edited by Specialone; 08-05-11 at 08:09 AM.
Old 08-05-11, 08:50 AM   #146
danf1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialone View Post
With me, I drank all Friday afternoon and night but at a steady pace so felt fine next day, Sunday morning I was tired more than anything but that was due to still being round the burning oil drum at 3.am then waking at 7.am.

But drinking and riding don't mix so as matt said, I wouldn't get sh1te faced before a ride out or a ride of any description, not worth it.

Cost me too much money to get my license so I wanna hold on to it

Dan, I think you just consumed too many cans, then fell on the barb wire fence lol
I think you are right. Lesson learned lol!
Old 09-05-11, 06:29 PM   #147
Bluefish

ARTNW2, some time in july would be good
Old 09-05-11, 09:18 PM   #148
danf1234

Wow this has gone a little t1ts up. I would just like to say the following:

I enjoyed the weekend a lot as I have never done out like that before.
I got very drunk.
I am not a fast rider.

I met some new people!

Being a newbie to all this big ride out stuff, it has made me think twice about the AR though.
Old 09-05-11, 09:21 PM   #149
ravingdavis

Quote:
I got very drunk.
I'll second this one. My head on Sunday morning confirmed this.

I had a good weekend, I will continue to attend events such as this in the future.
Old 09-05-11, 09:23 PM   #150
danf1234

Quote:
Wow this has gone a little t1ts up. I would just like to say the following:

I enjoyed the weekend a lot as I have never done out like that before.
I got very drunk.
I am not a fast rider.

I met some new people!

Being a newbie to all this big ride out stuff, it has made me think twice about the AR though.
I am talking bo11ocks. I will attend the AR and I will go back for the ARTNW 2 if it ever happens!