SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 22-04-08, 02:42 PM   #1531
Tara

Default Re: The TV Mini Mehga thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe View Post
Well, there is no new job for me. Today I officially excepted the offer from my current employers. Bugger it.
Oh no thats not good Si
Old 22-04-08, 03:49 PM   #1532
flibble

But on the plus side, if you still don't like it then it gives you time to search around for something even better?? No?
Old 22-04-08, 03:56 PM   #1533
Stig

I was given an increased offer from my current employers to stay. I tried to hold out until I had confirmation from the prospective employers, but the wick was burning. I had to give an answer yes or no to current job or the offer would be taken away. Today was cut off day. (Well actually it was Friday but I stretched it out further). I got no answer back from prospective job so told current job I'd take the offer.

Until I have something in writing and something binding me to a contract, I still have the option to change my mind, so hoping I get news quickly. The delay in prospective job is down to one signature apparently.
Old 22-04-08, 03:59 PM   #1534
KnightRider
Mega Poster

Quote:
I was given an increased offer from my current employers to stay. I tried to hold out until I had confirmation from the prospective employers, but the wick was burning. I had to give an answer yes or no to current job or the offer would be taken away. Today was cut off day. (Well actually it was Friday but I stretched it out further). I got no answer back from prospective job so told current job I'd take the offer.

Until I have something in writing and something binding me to a contract, I still have the option to change my mind, so hoping I get news quickly. The delay in prospective job is down to one signature apparently.
From what you were saying about the job, it sounded like it could have been a nightmare. At least this way all your options are open. You could stay at your current job (but with a better salery); look for better jobs; or accept the job with the Chinese company when/if it comes around.

Sounds like you have a pretty strong position

CBR600RR7

Link to map of TV members...if your not on the map then PM me. My facebook profile
KnightRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-08, 04:07 PM   #1535
Stig

Things going for the new job (despite the p*ss poor internal affairs) is better career prospects. They have a dedicated training program. Either for technical or managerial. They have private health care, bonus schemes and a pension plan. I get non of this with my current employers. I have to mention here, I am not paid by BT. I am subcontracted labour from a third party company to BT. We are called 'extended workforce'.
Old 22-04-08, 04:07 PM   #1536
Warthog

That chinese comapny were messing you around, it might have gotten a lot worse from there on had you accepted it.
Old 22-04-08, 04:10 PM   #1537
KnightRider
Mega Poster

Quote:
Things going for the new job (despite the p*ss poor internal affairs) is better career prospects. They have a dedicated training program. Either for technical or managerial. They have private health care, bonus schemes and a pension plan. I get non of this with my current employers. I have to mention here, I am not paid by BT. I am subcontracted labour from a third party company to BT. We are called 'extended workforce'.
It does sound like there are better opportunities out there, however dont limit yourself to one other company. Until you have signed on the dotted line keep your options open.

CBR600RR7

Link to map of TV members...if your not on the map then PM me. My facebook profile
KnightRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-08, 07:28 PM   #1538
DanAbnormal

Quote:
I was given an increased offer from my current employers to stay.
In which case, the lid is now £250.

Old 22-04-08, 07:32 PM   #1539
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanAbnormal View Post
In which case, the lid is now £250.

Doh!
Old 22-04-08, 07:32 PM   #1540
Stig

Quote: