SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 23-04-08, 12:15 PM   #1561
Stig

Default Re: The TV Mini Mehga thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosha View Post
Not linked in anyway then....
Almost positively definitely probably.
Old 23-04-08, 12:30 PM   #1562
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat_brstd View Post
so anyone here like reggae? cause me and some mates are going to be spinning at the hobgoblin in high wycombe tommorow night (thurs).
Almost positively definitely not.
Old 23-04-08, 12:49 PM   #1563
DanAbnormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat_brstd View Post
so anyone here like reggae? cause me and some mates are going to be spinning at the hobgoblin in high wycombe tommorow night (thurs).
That's worth a....

Meh m'aaaaan!
Old 23-04-08, 03:39 PM   #1564
Warthog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe View Post
Almost positively definitely probably.
Quote:
Almost positively definitely not.

Yo! Grinch you should have come to the party, it was ace! I am damn busy at work again, but I struggled through rain to work on the bike and have now been rewarded with a lovely sunny day to ride back in! Hopefully taking my wheel off to see if the speedo is smashed down there.
Old 23-04-08, 09:44 PM   #1565
flibble

What an utter tosh day, just got back home from work.. poo poo poo.. this work malarkey is rubbish!
Old 23-04-08, 09:57 PM   #1566
flibble

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanAbnormal View Post
Damn Mari, sounds like you did a proper job on the bike. So is it safe for me to get that colour now? It's like my accident in September, I was doing about 15mph and the damage bill came to ?2'600. ?200 shy of uneconimical repair. I then also needed to replace the front discs which they missed. All this with R&g bungs on as well. Still, she's off to a new home tonight and I pick up my '06 Orange Hornet on Saturday. Whoooooop! I also bought a stubby can for it as the one i have is just not obscene enough. Ape, you need to teach me to wheelie, I saw that sneaky one you did last weekend.
Oh yes, no point doing it in half measures....

Awesome news about the new hornet, bet you can't wait!! Is it going to be louder than Tony's?? hehe

Quote:
That could hardly be classed as a wheelie now. I'll show you a proper wheelie some time. Some time after I have a properly working clutch that is.
me, me, me.... actually, probably not with my past history
Old 23-04-08, 10:06 PM   #1567
Stig

I have managed to get my employers to put their hand in their pocket and cough up a couple of grand for me to do Prince 2. So it's not all bad news. They have told me I have to use a weeks holiday to attend the course though.
Old 23-04-08, 10:28 PM   #1568
flibble

Good news, that's probably worth a bit.. mind, does that mean you'll be compelled to stay with them longer?

I've just got work to ok me to go for a first aid course and Dan and I have been thinking about doing the first on the scene bike course sometime next month(ish). Will let you all know soon as we find a one
Old 24-04-08, 06:15 AM   #1569
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by flibble View Post
Good news, that's probably worth a bit.. mind, does that mean you'll be compelled to stay with them longer?

I've just got work to ok me to go for a first aid course and Dan and I have been thinking about doing the first on the scene bike course sometime next month(ish). Will let you all know soon as we find a one
I'll either have to pay back the couple of grand that it cost or stay for two years. Someone else who has just completed the course and left, his new employers paid back the money on his behalf.

I've already done the bikers first aid course. I did it a couple of years ago. The one I did was in Reading and was ran by the St Johns Ambulance. It covered everything you would expect to encounter if you were first on the scene.

There are two next month in the TV area. These are the only two courses being run this year in our catchment area by St Johns Ambulance. Maybe this would be worthy of a thread all of it's own. I am sure there would be plenty of others of the group that would like to attend.
Old 24-04-08, 12:14 PM   #1570
Warthog

Use your own holiday to attend a work coure!? that is low man.