SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 16-03-08, 06:45 PM   #151
stewie

Default Re: Wirral Egg Run 16th March - Thread to Arrange Ride in / Out to Meeting point

Good day today, nice to meet a few new peeps, looking forward to meeting you all again
Old 16-03-08, 06:51 PM   #152
slark01

Default Re: Wirral Egg Run 16th March - Thread to Arrange Ride in / Out to Meeting point

enjoyed it and wow there was alot of bikes, cheers guys for a good day
Old 16-03-08, 07:05 PM   #153
Speedy Claire

Will keep an eye out tomor for the estimate of the number of bikes involved this year. I think last years estimate was about 4,000 bikes taking part. I thought the atmosphere was fantastic... the roads are literally lined with people all clapping, cheering and wanting to shake hands etc. Must be the one time of the year that bikers actually get good press and how cool was it to be able to ride straight thru red traffic lights and just nod a quick thankyou at the policemen lol!!

How long did it actually take us to do the route? and what was our maximum speed en route??? i couldn`t see cos of the bunny sat in my fairing!
Old 16-03-08, 07:42 PM   #154
jamessunhill

WHAT A DAY!!!

This was my first Egg Run and I absolutely loved it.

Just got home (went to see a mate of mine on the way back).

I'll go through the videos I took tonight and tomorrow and I'll post the decent stuff on YouTube.

I think what made it for me were the kids by the road, all waving and slapping hands with the bikers.

See you all soon.

Oh, and I hit about 120 at a couple of points on the ride and about 80 during the Run itself.
Old 16-03-08, 07:59 PM   #155
mac608

That was my fourth egg run, and the best so far.
It was amazing that the spectators were already out as we were riding into Wallasey. And even more lining the route on our way out.
The ride to Clatterbridge took me just under two hours. The ride home a little quicker.

Great to put faces to names, a grand day out me thinks.
mac608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-08, 08:05 PM   #156
Speedy Claire

Had a text from Sandy and she got home ok.. she`s knackered and still full after our lunch. She had a great time and thinks you`re all a great bunch
Old 16-03-08, 08:05 PM   #157
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

wish i had slept well now and managed to turn up

sounds very similar to the stoke ones with folk out giving eggs and kids high fiiving ya .

glad u all had fun

still - looking forward to some pics
Old 16-03-08, 09:05 PM   #158
scooby

what a day eh. Just got home after visiting friends on the way home.This was my first egg run. its great to see so many people along the route having such a good time.I had a great day and it is good to be able to put faces to to the names I look forward to meeting you all again soon. anyhow must go theres a nice bottle of red calling.
Old 16-03-08, 09:36 PM   #159
jamessunhill

Right

Piccies time:

Meetup at the Stanny Oak pub.

Our Bike Bunnies

The .ORG at the Egg Run Meetup

Intersting Costumes and bikes at the Egg Run Meetup

It warmed up during the day and this guy ended up roasting.

I know it's not a bike, but I think it deserves including.

Meetup at the Hospital (end of the ride)

The .ORG at the Hospital

Here's the picture Speedy Claire tried selling her friend into prostitution to prevent me posting.

Last edited by jamessunhill; 16-03-08 at 09:54 PM.
Old 16-03-08, 09:40 PM   #160
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

good pics matey thanks..