SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 27-04-09, 03:31 PM   #1611
flymo
Mega Poster

Default Re: The running thread!

ah thats better, just this minute got home and parked my ar$e in a chair

Well, that was one of the most difficult, emotional, exciting, rewarding things I have ever done in my life. An incredible atmosphere but a very very long way.

was 12mins outside my target time but given the heat and the fact it was my first time I'm honestly not that bothered about that. Feels amazing to train for so long for something and to then acheive it, it really only hit me properly at about 13 miles in when I thought to myself "holy carp, I'm actually running the marathon".

WIll post a little more once I've had a cuppa.

Last edited by flymo; 27-04-09 at 08:13 PM.
flymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-09, 08:57 PM   #1612
krhall

website let me sign in this time so am in the ballot!
Old 27-04-09, 09:40 PM   #1613
flymo
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhall View Post
website let me sign in this time so am in the ballot!
fingers crossed!
Old 27-04-09, 10:18 PM   #1614
Ed

Pah. You'd think they'd get a decent server.

Old 28-04-09, 02:38 PM   #1615
flymo
Mega Poster

first day back at work today feeling a little stiff today but nothing major.

its my first real chance to think about how my run went. First time ever that I've run with another person, let alone 30,000 of them! so it was a little strange to say the least.

I ran a good constant pace until about 14 miles when I began to slow a little, I think mainly due to the heat. I was using gels and Lucozade sport on my planned schedule but the difference came at mile 23 when I attempted to eat another energy bar for my final boost to the finish. I simply couldnt stomach another and thought that if I bite into it I'll throw up.

Just received an email......"Dear Flymo, Thank you for entering the ballot for the 2010 Virgin London Marathon......." Damn, couldnt resist!

Last edited by flymo; 28-04-09 at 02:42 PM.
Old 28-04-09, 02:43 PM   #1616
stewie

Yeah I just got one of those emails too, probably wont get in though, when you back ourt running again ?
Old 28-04-09, 02:52 PM   #1617
flymo
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
Yeah I just got one of those emails too, probably wont get in though, when you back ourt running again ?
Wont be running at all for the remainder of this week. Plenty of rest until next week. Might venture out for a couple of short distance jogs after that and get back in slowly.
Old 28-04-09, 03:01 PM   #1618
stewie

Ive just entered a 10k in September in Delamare, plus toying with the idea of a half marathon in october in warrington, this one : http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/events...=&v=6&EN=49003
bet you,re still a bit sore though
Old 28-04-09, 03:14 PM   #1619
2mths

Well done flymo!

I still haven't managed to overcome my recent attack of the CBAs I have however entered the MK Half Marathon in July.

If I can pass my M$ exam next Tuesday then I will look to start a proper training program for the half'.
Old 28-04-09, 03:32 PM   #1620
flymo
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
Ive just entered a 10k in September in Delamare, plus toying with the idea of a half marathon in october in warrington, this one : http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/events...=&v=6&EN=49003
bet you,re still a bit sore though
I like the sound of that, would like to do a couple of half marathons in the year. Warrington is quite close to me too.