SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 31-03-12, 02:22 PM   #1611
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Default Re: The MTB thread

Yeah I'd like that Rob. Still trying to figure out what the whole idea around mountain biking is TBH. What to expect really. Was originally just getting one to cycle when I took the dog for a walk but then got a bit more interested in doing more with it.
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-12, 02:45 PM   #1612
speedplay

It's about getting out and having some fun.
You can do as much or as little as you want to
Some nice tracks over at harlestone that arent too challenging but will give you a bit of a work out.
Old 31-03-12, 03:02 PM   #1613
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Yeah I heard harlestone firs was good too. Im just up for learning what's about and then being able to link a good ride out. Need to buy a helmet at some point too.
Well looking forward to it now!! Got the day off tomorrow, wish I'd gone and bought it a few days ago and could've had the day on it!
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Old 31-03-12, 03:16 PM   #1614
speedplay

You've got my number mate, drop me a text when you are free.
Old 31-03-12, 03:18 PM   #1615
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Speirs View Post
Yeah I heard harlestone firs was good too. Im just up for learning what's about and then being able to link a good ride out. Need to buy a helmet at some point too.
Well looking forward to it now!! Got the day off tomorrow, wish I'd gone and bought it a few days ago and could've had the day on it!
If you're quick, Lidl have some perfectly good helmets.

I bought one on their last offer & tested out in Feb.

I'm still here
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-12, 03:19 PM   #1616
Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
No, you need it, organised is good

Buy it
I've resisted for now, the fully loaded version didn't come with a phone so I'm checking out which will compliment it.

Bought some bib shorts at 65% discount instead.

MTB is about burning off some fat and having a bit of fun and a laugh, no matter how good or bad you are at it.
Old 31-03-12, 03:37 PM   #1617
speedplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
If you're quick, Lidl have some perfectly good helmets.

I bought one on their last offer & tested out in Feb.

I'm still here
Hope the giro lasted longer!
Old 31-03-12, 03:40 PM   #1618
maviczap
Mega Poster

Giro's fine mate, good job it wasn't that I fell off on, I'd have been most ****ed off
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-12, 05:03 PM   #1619
G
Mega Poster

Helmet is defo needed, I've seen 3 cracked helmets in the last month which would have been nasty cracks to heads if they didn't have them on.

Infact DMC forget his the other week, then fell 8ft down a steep switchback, so was glad he bought on from the shop lol.

I'm in the peaks every Sunday speirs if you want to see what proper MTBing is about. There's some good short loops until you build your fitness up.
Old 31-03-12, 05:10 PM   #1620
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Would be good to join you every once in a while. Fuels getting mad expensive now though so driving 60 miles to go riding isn't something I can do all the time! But will try to pop up. Plus I've got the dog to look after. She's quite happy to run alongside the bike. Never gets in the way just runs behind.

Any way. What should I be looking for in a helmet? Is there a certain price point where they fall below standard?