SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 27-07-16, 08:10 AM   #1611
yokohama

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzie View Post
Won't know unless its tried. Johhny, Can you pm me your address please.

Sent from my Xperia T
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrod View Post
If you mean the Minimatic, don't bother, I suspect it'd be a waste of a roll.

Good news Yoko! Amazing what is sometimes in a bundle of stuff. You often see things like some of the unpopular camera bodies going fora few quid, and they have a strap on them and the little triangular rings as well. Straps don't sell so well but the rings go for £5-6 a pair, crazy though it sounds, also cases, lenses etc. sell well, so with the right collection of stuff and some time on your hands you can get back more than you paid, maybe not by a lot, but depends what you want to do of course.
I know what you mean. I'm trying to source a baseplate winder cover for the OM2. Haven't seen one yet but the battery compartment covers aren't cheap.
A bit like bikes. Sometimes it's better to break them and sell the bits.

I think with my excess gear .... I work at Leeds uni and they have a photography society. I'll wait until freshers week, go along to the societies fair and drop off a 'For sale' list.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-16, 08:17 AM   #1612
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

That's a good call. I've had a few bits from ebay user tpolony (Tony), think he's also around Leeds somewhere but does main order only with free delivery. Worth dropping him a line as he might have something or know what else fits, he's very helpful. He has some OM2 stuff for sale at the moment.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/tpolony

Kenzie, if you insist! Okay I'll ebay it once, if it doesn't sell then I'll send it down with the K1000 (hopefully!). If I was happy it was fully working I'd just send it now, but aside from B and flash there is no manual mode at all. The cell could be replaced more easily but the meter would be a nightmare as it links to the exposure system. The cell output makes the needle move, then when you press the shutter it pushes out some plates that lock the needle in place. The positions of these plates then sets the aperture and shutter speed. It's a bit of a cat's cradle of parts. You can see why they went for things like electromagnetic shutters instead!

Last edited by johnnyrod; 27-07-16 at 08:19 AM.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-16, 05:54 PM   #1613
Kenzie

Hey Yoko, my OM20 is missing the winder cover. So is my OM10.
Posted off the K1000 as well. Anyone got any good photographery blogs they read? I have looked at Austerity and Zorki Photo.

Last edited by Kenzie; 27-07-16 at 07:10 PM.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-16, 08:15 PM   #1614
yokohama

Ah, I see what you mean now; I just checked mine. They don't take powerwinders so no winder covers.
I'll tape over the hole somehow to stop any crud from getting in when I take the camera out.
Can't help you with the blogs I'm afraid.
Is the Canon still dead?
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-16, 08:26 PM   #1615
Kenzie

Haven't really had time to look at it, need to clean it first. Seen so much on eBay tonight, must resist but some good ones coming up.
Old 27-07-16, 08:55 PM   #1616
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Ming Thein is the only one I follow. He's quite eloquent and also prolific in terms of posts. His stuff is all digital but he talks a lot about what goes into a picture. It can be very thought-provoking.
http://blog.mingthein.com/

Got the Vito back in one piece, in the end, mounting the lens on the focus ring is a right laugh. Need to collimate it but otherwise seems fine. Something funny going on with the self timer, though I know you don't use it. It starts to run down straight away, and if you haven't pressed the shutter by the time it's done it can jam. It shouldn't do that, I can't figure out why it is. Not tested the speeds but the 1s and 1/2s sound good. Flushed the clockworks with hexane (lubed again when dry), and then had to swab a boatload of oil off the shutter leaves. Lenses are crystal clear though. I've taken to cleaning them with hexane first then IPA or methanol (ideally the latter but I'm getting very low on it). Often the oil has spread to the glass as a fine haze, and it doesn't always wipe off with alcohols.

Last edited by johnnyrod; 27-07-16 at 08:59 PM.
Old 28-07-16, 06:08 AM   #1617
Kenzie

Glad its back together, they are great little cameras to use. Trying to sort the dead OM20 but the mirror is getting stuck like the K1000.
Old 28-07-16, 11:04 AM   #1618
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Time to dig into your wallet Kenzie
http://www.gumtree.com/p/video-camer...ra-/1180391641
I know your love of the Ful Vue. This appears to be a Coronation year special (1953), not many around, on ebay there is a sold one for £13 but another for £32 and a red one for £60. I'd get over there and give him a tenner for it.
Old 28-07-16, 12:33 PM   #1619
Kenzie

Tempting but I have two ful vues already . Unless any of you want it?

Sent from my Xperia T
Old 28-07-16, 12:49 PM   #1620
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Given the normal ones go for a few quid and this one could net you a profit big enough to cover more than one car boot experience, I'd buy it to sell, especially if you check it out and it's fully working. Do a good write-up and choose the right time to ebay it. Or maybe sell one of the others and have it as a rare one if you prefer, something a litte more special in the collection?