SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 05-08-16, 07:43 PM   #1681
yokohama

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Shame about the QL19. Broken aperture blade would be beyond me.
I watched the Lomo video; love the way they set out the rules and then add the rider that they're made to be broken. But definitely some things to remember.
I discovered these this morning. Kind of nostalgic... https://www.theguardian.com/cities/g...es-in-pictures

I got chance to have a look at the P30 today and cleaned it up a bit. It's a bit dusty and the wind on lever is a little loose but seals are still intact and it seems to work as it should.
It came with a 28mm but adding the -0.7 converter makes it super wide and turns it into ??? .. something that my maths isn't up to.

[IMG][/IMG]
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-16, 08:24 PM   #1682
Kenzie

Extend the wind lever to the first stop, flip the camera over and you will see a screw underneath. Unscrew this and remove the cover then you will see the metal lever and the screw holding it to the shaft. Can't remember is its a left or right thread.

Last edited by Kenzie; 05-08-16 at 08:52 PM.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-16, 09:37 AM   #1683
yokohama

Fixed it, thanks. You were right about the screw. One of those weird ones with no slot but little indentations at opposite sides of the head. Anti clockwise thread too.
Looks like the camera is manual only though unless it's wearing a specific Pentax lens.
Old 06-08-16, 01:32 PM   #1684
Kenzie

Yeah you will need a Pentax A lens to make use of auto mode.
Picked up kodak coloursnap, an M42 135mm f2.8 and what I think is a Minolta fit in the same spec. Also saw a Canon Canonet 28 boxed, cased and with instructions for £20 at the boot sale but it was more than I had. Also saw a Kodak Duo Six 20 in a charity shop but it was £24.99.

Last edited by Kenzie; 06-08-16 at 04:24 PM.
Old 07-08-16, 06:31 AM   #1685
yokohama

I wasted another couple of hours trying to fix the non-focussing Vivitar 28mm yesterday afternoon but gave up, and somehow managed to lose the little ball bearing that controls the f stop clicks.
Decided it's not worth it and it's on ebay for spares or repair.
Old 07-08-16, 09:39 AM   #1686
Kenzie

You could use a magnet or a sock/tight over the end of a hoover where you were working and try and pick it up.
Old 07-08-16, 10:32 AM   #1687
yokohama

That's a good idea. I'm going to hoover later so I'll try it. I cant figure out where it went. I knew it was in there and removed the aperture collar carefully over a container but it just disappeared, never dropped out.
Old 07-08-16, 10:35 AM   #1688
Kenzie

Might have fallen in the lens. I have had that happen before. I have taken to putting a section of the film packet in the cold/hot shoe as I mentioned a while back to remind me what cameras are loaded. If no bit of paper I will turn the rewind crank just incase. Nearly opened the Minister D but it was loaded.
Completely dismantled the dead Pen EE and it is the meter that is dead. Put a battery on the needle which is attached to the viewfinder and it worked. Removed the complete lens/aperture/shutter assembly and it works. Dead meter pretty much killed this little camera. However, it lives on in two others. Can't get the Canonet apart to even begin to see what it wrong with it.

Last edited by Kenzie; 07-08-16 at 02:06 PM.
Old 07-08-16, 07:08 PM   #1689
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

G'day, will have to look at the links later, had a bit of a busy weekend. Yep broken aperture blade is a right a laugh, although the Canonet has different ones to the Konica/Lynx in that they have holes in them that locate on pegs much like the shutter leaves, so it could be that the blade has come loose somehow rather than broken. Still it's a Copal shutter so a bit fiddly to get into. Not sure how you start dismantling but there may be a thin ring around the front edge of the lens - see the Minimatic folder I have on Flickr which has the same ring.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-16, 08:37 PM   #1690
Kenzie

The filter ring has a dent in it but I sorted it as best I could but still can't unscrew the front ring.

Last edited by Kenzie; 07-08-16 at 08:39 PM.