SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 15-08-10, 05:13 PM   #161
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Default Re: Your thoughts for AR11

MBK>...its all about those who are willing to step forward to organise a large event. I haven't seen any..apart from Bri, that are willing to even have a look into it for your area. Perhaps they are concentrating on the event that is already ongoing ie the GM.

Do you think you could undertake it?

If so, come back with your proposal. I'm not getting at you there, but you have to really think out of the box. Are there others apart from you that will help you in your quest for a Scots AR, is there anyone willing that you can rely on to help?

Nobody says its always the Scottish lot that have to make an effort to travel. Quite the opposite in fact. There are some #cough me# that rode to Somerset and Essex in previous years, which were both 300 miles to get to, and there are others that ride equal distance from other areas to get there too. Its just as far for me to travel up to Scotland, and I'm pretty central in the grand scheme of things.
As Coolgirl says, where ever it ends up, someone will find it a pain to get to, but they want to go, so they make an effort.

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12

Last edited by dizzyblonde; 15-08-10 at 05:17 PM.
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-10, 05:33 PM   #162
darylB

I'm all for Ed's idea to host the AR down our neck of the woods again and would of course help to organise and recce the route. the Wingfield is a lovely pub and has a large field that would take as many tents as this year if need be, petrol is close by as is a food stop (dinky's Diner) where burgers, bacon butties are available, the location is fairly central for all to get to within reasonable time and distance, i'm sure going oop north or down sarf would put some people off due to cost and time, not me though as i am changing my bike to a more suitable bike to cover distance on. (Triumph Sprint 955i)
As to the i'm not going to north Wales brigade cos of the police I can only say that if you ride sensibly then i don't think theres the problem that there used to be now Brunstrom has gone. I've been up a few times lately and never found a problem, don't believe everything you read in Mcn. so shropshire/ Wales is fine by me.

Daryl
Old 15-08-10, 05:34 PM   #163
Milky Bar Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
MBK>...its all about those who are willing to step forward to organise a large event. I haven't seen any..apart from Bri, that are willing to even have a look into it for your area. Perhaps they are concentrating on the event that is already ongoing ie the GM.

Do you think you could undertake it?

If so, come back with your proposal. I'm not getting at you there, but you have to really think out of the box. Are there others apart from you that will help you in your quest for a Scots AR, is there anyone willing that you can rely on to help?

Nobody says its always the Scottish lot that have to make an effort to travel. Quite the opposite in fact. There are some #cough me# that rode to Somerset and Essex in previous years, which were both 300 miles to get to, and there are others that ride equal distance from other areas to get there too. Its just as far for me to travel up to Scotland, and I'm pretty central in the grand scheme of things.
As Coolgirl says, where ever it ends up, someone will find it a pain to get to, but they want to go, so they make an effort.
Sometimes it's not the best idea to post when you are fraustrated as things don't come across very well.

I am currently looking into it. I have put a shout out in the Ecosse section for some of the southern lot to contact me and I will discuss things with them.

Not being the most experienced rider in the world means I don't want to start making plans for a rideout that really isn't up to scratch but I would like to think about it.

I will come back when I have had word back from some other people.

PS, Bri, could be possibility of us doing a joint AR???
Old 15-08-10, 05:34 PM   #164
Bri w

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&so...72&ie=UTF8&z=9

My thoughts for a route.

On the issue of who travels how far, that's just a personal choice. I think Bill, Bananaman, showed everyone how far its possible to travel if you really want to. Mattsv and Anita travelled from Southampton to the GM, via Quiff's, about 500 miles one way. Both the GM and the AR were 250+ for me, and after doing them and meeting some fantastic people I'd happily do that again. Equally I understand the logistics, including costs, of a 500 mile round trip, then the ride out and beer etc.

I guess its a case of those that want to put a proposal in do so, and let the Orgers decide.

Currently - Fighting the urge... seen a nice Triumph America

Previously - Honda CB125, Honda CB400-4 & BSA B40, Moto Guzzi 850, Yamaha RD250, Suzuki GT380, Kawasaki Z1B, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VFR, Triumph Street Triple R.
Bri w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-10, 05:45 PM   #165
Bri w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Bar Kid View Post

PS, Bri, could be possibility of us doing a joint AR???
I'd welcome any help/thoughts/ideas/collaboration joint AR between PM and Ecosse, especially on the Melrose/Selkirk/Longtown stretch of the A7. I know the A68/A69 and around Keilder but I'm rusty on the Borders.

Currently - Fighting the urge... seen a nice Triumph America

Previously - Honda CB125, Honda CB400-4 & BSA B40, Moto Guzzi 850, Yamaha RD250, Suzuki GT380, Kawasaki Z1B, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VFR, Triumph Street Triple R.
Bri w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-10, 06:22 PM   #166
Lozzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Bar Kid View Post
Arrrgh, this is really fraustrating. Folks, there are more brilliant roads, and facilities in Scotland OTHER than the Highlands you know!!

There are some brilliant roads in the South West and Borders areas as I am sure both Nelson and Jamesmio can confirm and being the fact that it is Scotland and we get a lot of people camping, there are many areas that will easily facilitate the AR.
I'm all for this. I've ridden extensively in that area and think the roads are bloody fantastic, and virtually car free from what I saw. It's true that the Ecosse posse have to travel a long long way to attend anything but the GM, so why don't we go to them for a change. Scottish roads are very well maintained in the main, and some of the sights away from the Highlands are truly lovely. Plus, the locals are nice people and are used to the English invading, stealing their women and taking over .

Scotland gets my vote.
Old 15-08-10, 06:51 PM   #167
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electro View Post
Have to drink beer at an odd time to fit that in lol.

There's no such thing as an odd time to drink beer
Old 15-08-10, 07:23 PM   #168
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri w View Post
On the issue of who travels how far, that's just a personal choice. I think Bill, Bananaman, showed everyone how far its possible to travel if you really want to. .

Indeed, as did Redbouy for AR08. He came from his boat in the South of France, got someone to helicopter him to a ferryport as he was late finishing a job, jumped over the water, hired a car, which was anchored to the marquee, and absolutely enjoyed himself thoroughly.

Where there is a will there is a way.

Old 15-08-10, 07:27 PM   #169
missyburd

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
^^^^oh look, its a CLEAN AND SHINY YC BIKE^^^^!!!!
Blumin' heck, had to look at that a few times! If it wasn't for the numberplate I wouldn't have recognised it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electro View Post
Can we have it somewhere where everyone can get to so all of our lovely members can be there?
Do most members not have transport? In which case can members not get everywhere that's been suggested?

For all those that keep saying nobody's coming up with the goods and putting plans forward, may I refer you back to this post right at the beginning of the thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_chris View Post
Northumberland
About same time as this year
Toilets
Bar and off license in reasonable distance
We are happy to help organise an AR in Northumberland - with help and a team of course and would love an excuse to recce a route...

Besides which, all these suggestions and no poll yet? There is no point going on and ON about where we shoudl and shouldn't have it and thus going round and ROUND in circles when the same places just keep cropping up. We need to know which place is more popular before anyone can even think about looking at routes and maps. Bri, there's no point wasting energies on such efforts me dear, not just yet anyway

#ponders wandering off to make a poll...#

Last edited by missyburd; 15-08-10 at 07:30 PM.
Old 15-08-10, 07:35 PM   #170
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyorkie_chris View Post
Besides which, all these suggestions and no poll yet? There is no point going on and ON about where we shoudl and shouldn't have it and thus going round and ROUND in circles when the same places just keep cropping up. We need to know which place is more popular before anyone can even think about looking at routes and maps. Bri, there's no point wasting energies on such efforts me dear, not just yet anyway

#ponders wandering off to make a poll...#
Maria, if you look in a couple of regional sections, there are already proposals. Some places, have already been contacted to get initial feedback.

As for a poll, the mods will sort that one out. After all its their job, they are actually watching, they are just not getting in on the arguement until necessary.

Last edited by dizzyblonde; 15-08-10 at 07:36 PM.