SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

View Poll Results: What weekend should we do this?
Weekend October 18th 3 20.00%
Weekend October 25th 6 40.00%
Either 6 40.00%
Some other weekend (post in thread please) 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27-10-08, 03:17 PM   #161
Cumfy

Default Re: Rideout Of The Stuartyboy weekend away- new and improved

Mate to be honest with you, got back bike off the van had shower and went down to tell the folks about what a great time I had!! Only as I had to go out the door did I remember to mention the off! Course that might have been to save lengthy explanations

Cheers
Old 27-10-08, 04:30 PM   #162
northwind
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMio View Post
Between Ralph's freestyle efforts over the Lecht
Oh yes? Do tell...
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-08, 05:10 PM   #163
JamesMio
Mega Poster

From my view behind him there was a definate gap between road & rubber as he came over one of the crests!

Creatomatic
JamesMio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-08, 05:12 PM   #164
Blue Flame
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMio View Post
From my view behind him there was a definate gap between road & rubber as he came over one of the crests!
I do assume that this is 'Marigolds' Ralph we are talking about?

Previous >> K3 SV650S - Candy Copper;Lower Fairing Set;Fender Extender; Powerbronze Screen; HEL Braided Lines;
Blue Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-08, 05:42 PM   #165
aarond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Flame View Post
I do assume that this is 'Marigolds' Ralph we are talking about?
lol i thought it was "Marigolds" Ralph? i had a great run was good following you three even tho JamesMio was cleary upset by my riding the entire time will put more up later, would you believe i am still at uni just now
Old 27-10-08, 06:02 PM   #166
Tiger 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumfy View Post
I am going to get into training for next years run- that Bob burger is going to regret meeting me!
What, this Bob burger?

I'll get my very poor photos up when I sort my life out. Catching some heat today for spending 6 hours cleaning the bike, but that's including tea breaks which don't count surely.

Last edited by Tiger 55; 27-10-08 at 06:29 PM.
Old 27-10-08, 06:46 PM   #167
haggis

My, my. Aren't we civilised and well behaved at that point. Don't suppose you have some 2Hoot(er)s Club footage?

Re: The bunkhouse payments. I've done the maths tonight. It was all too much to think about on Sunday morning. I know I wasn't the only victim of my own excesses.

So, If it's ok could everyone arrange £2 extra to cover the empty bunks. If you can paypal me to 10edinbane@tiscali.co.uk with a note of your forum name etc. or PM me if you dont have paypal access.

Combat Fred, Northy and KG - can you guys make that the full amount of £17?

Cheers all.
Old 27-10-08, 06:49 PM   #168
aarond

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggis View Post

So, If it's ok could everyone arrange £2 extra to cover the empty bunks. If you can paypal me to 10edinbane@tiscali.co.uk with a note of your forum name etc. or PM me if you dont have paypal access.
sort it out tomorrow ok mate?

and excess us?! never
Old 27-10-08, 07:37 PM   #169
northwind
Mega Poster

Just sent it mate
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-08, 07:43 PM   #170
-Ralph-

The issue wasn't the gap between road and rubber, it was the sidewind that bought that rubber back down on a completely different bit of road! As usual, place trust in the trusty old SV, let it wiggle itself straight again, and it looks after you! Also had a few "hmm, where's all the traction gone then?" moments in corners after Blairgowrie on Saturday, then a big mid-bend wiggle before Kilmahog on the way home. Down to a combination of autumn and high winds there was a lot of wet foliage on the roads. Again if you don't panic the bike gets round. I love that bike and the Diablo Strada's it's shod with!

The co-op own-brand marigolds were yellow. Sorry for making you stand in the rain while I bought them guys, but I had got to the point of doing something about my hands or phoning the doctor and making an appointment for my frostbite! My hands went through cold - really cold - frozen - painful - numb - painful again - cramp right through my palm - plan and simple not working - nearly hit two cars coming the other way on the single track road 'cos I couldn't use the front brake. Had to stop and shove my hands down down my trousers! My gloves could have been completely submersed in water and they wouldn't come out any wetter! Once I changed to my summer gloves with a fleece glove lining, then the marigolds under that I managed much better.

I need to buy new gear. My stuff is not doing the job it used to. I stayed fairly dry but only because I had ordinary waterproofs over my trousers and under my jacket (all green, the highlanders thought they'd found Nessie and Blue Flame thought green peace were on thier way to rescue me!), my textile jacket itself was soaked right through the quilted lining. (I'm buying the same Spada stuff as Tiger, he was bone dry! Tiger - please can I borrow the RiDE recommended book?)

Excellent weekend though. The scenery on Sunday, mountains covered in snow, with the sun splitting through dark rain clouds, was just magnificant!

Stopping at the top to watch you all climb the Lecht behind me was hilarious! Just a string of headlights getting bobbed about like corks on a swimming pool! Straight line lean angles are always a funny sight. If I'd video'd it I'd get 200 quid off Jeremy Beadle!

You may think we are all mad, but IMHO, anyone who wasn't there missed out. I'm not a masochist, but that was one of the best rideouts I've been on and one I won't forget!

Last edited by -Ralph-; 27-10-08 at 07:46 PM.