SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Racing and Paddock Chat The latest news, talk, and gossip from the world of bike racing, you can also discuss track days here too.

Closed Thread

Old 28-03-06, 07:22 PM   #171
kwak zzr

Rossi???????????? if he makes the F1 move?

Old 28-03-06, 09:33 PM   #172
Peter Henry

Kwak...Indeed Mr.Rossi might go to pastures new. I have a gut feeling that he will want to win a championship in the 800cc category before he goes though. What a legacy he would then leave behind!

Come next season if he stays,he will most probably be the oldest rider out there with all these young pups coming through! :P

Old 29-03-06, 12:27 PM   #173
Peter Henry

So what's going on guys?

Rossi had the 2005 M1 flown over from Italy to try that out compared with the 2006 model yesterday. They wanted to try the latest Michelin's on the old bike to see if the "chatter" problem was still there.(Big indication that they have actually run out of ideas as to how to solve the problem)

Pedrosa rides his custom fit RCV and performs well.

Stoner new to the RCV also does very well as does Elias.

Melandri has opted for the 2006 motor in last years package.

Fat Boy Roberts has a unique chassis for his RCV and is happy.

Tamada is complaining of a "heavy" feel when entering turns on his complete 2006 RCV.

Hayden despite being fastest in practise yesterday,still not comfortable on his RCV?

Can this all be a smoke screen?

Old 29-03-06, 02:10 PM   #174
Scooby Drew

I though that Rossi was sandbagging with his problems on the M1, but flying the old bike out is probably going too far and he really must have a problem.

Perhaps the M1 has reached the end of it's development cycle and Yamaha have to start with a clean sheet of paper? As with Honda, last years bike with this years engine as a patch until the 800cc bike comes out?

Old 29-03-06, 02:19 PM   #175
Peter Henry

Well how about this for a snippet of information? Gleaned from the pages of the top Spanish sports newspaper "Marca".

Apparently HRC have really p+ssed Nicky Hayden off by insisting he continues to ride the new prototype which is smaller than last year's bike and is of course their way of hoping to hit the ground running when the new category is launched next year.

All of this creates major problems for Nicky to really challenge for the World title this year as his hopes have been severely compromised,and foolishly or not HRC are expecting more from Pedrosa this year than Hayden.

I have been among those that have been critical of Nicky but I do think that this whole thing is a bit sh*tty. HRC then have one race rider and one test rider. What you fellas think then?

Old 29-03-06, 02:36 PM   #176
tricky

Interesting, do you think HRC would be thinking differently if Hayden had delivered a few more race wins ?

Old 29-03-06, 04:03 PM   #177
kwak zzr

hes a good rider but he hasnt won much has he

Old 29-03-06, 09:45 PM   #178
The Basket

I don't think Honda will deliberately nobble Hayden...even for testing purposes. Gibernau said that after he failed to finish the last race on a Honda. And Honda said that they don't spend squillions of quid to make themselves look silly.

If you look at the top ten on Sunday...choc full of Hondas...not many Yams...

I think the demise of Honda GP is slightly exaggerated.

Old 29-03-06, 09:59 PM   #179
amarko5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Henry

One very important thing that was evident, those boys with the 250cc class experience are damn fine riders with fast cornering and smooth lines. There was a lot of young blood in that top 10 at Jerez. All of this is a godsend for those doubters and can only bode well for keen competition for several seasons!
very impressed with young danny

also thought rossi did well to recover after having the little tete a tete with elias, dont rule him out yet

also though Nakano did excellent on the kwak.

looking forward to the next race

Old 30-03-06, 06:06 AM   #180
Peter Henry

* A touch of stato here*

I think that you need to go back to the 1993 season to find a front row with no Yamaha present. Also odd that the problems haunting Rossi and Edwards now is exactly what was destroying Carlos Checa's hopes when he had the Yamaha ride.

Closed Thread