SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 22-05-21, 05:38 PM   #171
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Re: The Covid19 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget View Post
The UK should be a doddle to lock down, we are an island surrounded by nothing but water, no land mass to just stroll across. Iirc .. it served us well between 39-45 but for some ridiculous reason we still have a problem sealing the doors!
You need to think like a Conservative politician. You have two things to place in order of priority - people's safety and profit. Now, as a Conservative government minister which order do you place them?
Old 22-05-21, 07:02 PM   #172
gadget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
You need to think like a Conservative politician. You have two things to place in order of priority - people's safety and profit. Now, as a Conservative government minister which order do you place them?
Not speaking as a Conservative or any other party .... but if we had of closed the doors right from the off ... we most likely wouldn't have had to deal with the financial ruin of so many businesses brought about by this country's incompetent politicians and their blatant disregard for our country's work force, thereby the financial implications would have had far less devastating financial impact as a whole.
I'm afraid I am one of those individuals who sees the world in black and white knowing there are many grey areas, I find it very difficult to accept incompetence and those that embrace apathy as though it were a virtue.
And now we have another strain of this virus to deal with and yet we have been told we can holiday abroad!! I just don't see how we're ever going to fully recover as a nation when we are surrounded by incompetent politicians issuing multiple conflicting instructions using a system that greatly resembles a 'wild stab in the dark!
I certainly do not have the answer to all of this but I recognise a cluster f@#k when I see one and I'm still amazed that we are still letting in (at the port of Dover) hundreds of lorries with drivers that have been allowed to enter the UK with no valid corona virus test! Not my assumption... fact from a border force operative I know.
gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-21, 11:56 PM   #173
svenrico

Holidaying abroad for f**ks sake. People haven't been able to visit close relatives dying in care homes and then couldn't have a proper funeral when they died.
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-21, 05:52 AM   #174
gadget

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenrico View Post
Holidaying abroad for f**ks sake. People haven't been able to visit close relatives dying in care homes and then couldn't have a proper funeral when they died.
Indeed, it defies all logic imo.
Close the doors, keep the UK safe, we will deal with the fall-out as and when it is safe and appropriate to do so.
gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-21, 09:22 AM   #175
Bibio
Mega Poster

you must be brain dead to go on holiday just now. i think people forget that the jab does not stop you getting covid. it says so in the letter.....

i'm just waiting on another lockdown, lets say end of July. or lets do what should have been done from the beginning and let it just run its course.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-21, 09:56 AM   #176
Chris_SVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
you must be brain dead to go on holiday just now. i think people forget that the jab does not stop you getting covid. it says so in the letter.....

i'm just waiting on another lockdown, lets say end of July. or lets do what should have been done from the beginning and let it just run its course.
Had the average person who comments on news articles/social media posts with the no masks/end draconian lockdown/open up pubs kind of stuff been allowed to just run wild, the same people would be complaining that the pubs hadn't done enough to protect them from covid. Would never be their fault they went out and caught it/spread it for the sake of a few pints with the lads.

Some people just need a good boot in the hole (replace boot in the hole with "dose of covid" they're interchangeable.
Chris_SVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-21, 09:09 PM   #177
Dave20046
Mega Poster

I've not really been up on the news (although noticed people inside a pub the other day?!), did they get to the bottom of what was causing the old death in the astrazennica vaccines in those rare cases? A quick google seems to just say they're looking into it still.
Old 24-05-21, 09:49 PM   #178
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_SVS View Post
Had the average person who comments on news articles/social media posts with the no masks/end draconian lockdown/open up pubs kind of stuff been allowed to just run wild, the same people would be complaining that the pubs hadn't done enough to protect them from covid. Would never be their fault they went out and caught it/spread it for the sake of a few pints with the lads.

Some people just need a good boot in the hole (replace boot in the hole with "dose of covid" they're interchangeable.
Yes, and unbelievable that some don't even believe this thing exists and it has all been some sort of conspiracy theory.
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-21, 06:56 AM   #179
Seeker
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
I've not really been up on the news (although noticed people inside a pub the other day?!), did they get to the bottom of what was causing the old death in the astrazennica vaccines in those rare cases? A quick google seems to just say they're looking into it still.
They know what but not why. It's a rare type of blood clot with low platelets which means, apparently, you bleed more and they show up in places that can be fatal like the veins in the brain. It seems to affect younger people more than older and women more than men.

https://www.gavi.org/vaccineswork/wh...as-been-linked
Old 25-05-21, 10:06 PM   #180
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
They know what but not why. It's a rare type of blood clot with low platelets which means, apparently, you bleed more and they show up in places that can be fatal like the veins in the brain. It seems to affect younger people more than older and women more than men.

https://www.gavi.org/vaccineswork/wh...as-been-linked

Thanks, I hadn't seen that. I noticed it states the risk of death between vaccine vs contracting covid as relatively close in the lower age groups ...hopefully a typo!

I was hoping for the why, but it does look like clots is a feature of the virus itself which I didn't know and I think was under-reported so I guess that explains it somewhat. The clots in the vaccine have been widely reported.

Last edited by Dave20046; 25-05-21 at 10:08 PM.
Dave20046 is offline   Reply With Quote