SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

View Poll Results: What weekend should we do this?
Weekend October 18th 3 20.00%
Weekend October 25th 6 40.00%
Either 6 40.00%
Some other weekend (post in thread please) 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27-10-08, 08:28 PM   #171
shonadoll

Default Re: Rideout Of The Stuartyboy weekend away- new and improved

That sounds great. I ended up buying a pair of textile trousers from Hein Gericke the same as Jillyburd's, after a soaked to the skin outing with them, it's just miserable, not to mention dangerous if you can't feel fingers etc.

With those and my hotgrips I'm sorted.
Old 28-10-08, 06:14 AM   #172
Kilted Ginger

haggis no problem for the cash imback in the I'm Thursday and all get it sorted out then.
Sounds like you had an interesting time, sorry I missed it. Hopefully catch up with you all soon.
Old 28-10-08, 11:47 AM   #173
combatfred

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggis View Post

Combat Fred, Northy and KG - can you guys make that the full amount of £17?

Payment sent.
Old 28-10-08, 11:55 AM   #174
aarond

sent i think
Old 28-10-08, 02:42 PM   #175
Baz

Payment sent Haggis. Should be anyway.
Old 28-10-08, 03:47 PM   #176
Tiger 55

Some photos, in chronological order...

All the gang at dinner. (Note, I didn't take one picture before we got there because my phone isn't waterproof!)
L-R Cumfy, ad53ggz, Ralph, Baz, Blue Flame, Haggis, Amanda, Jimmy, JamesMio

JamesMio's wallet. Placed behind the radiator for safe keeping. He's that sort of guy.

Eyes bigger than his belly, Cumfy returns his BOB burger, despite a number of calls for him to "Suck it up". In fairness, he had already had a deer-in-a-bap at Spittal of Glenshee.

As close as we got to a group shot courtesy of the weather. Outside the bunkhouse. Snoring B&B resident's machines not pictured. My 1st 100% SV650 rideout.

The second frostbite stop, after the one in the rain at Newtonmore (apology accepted). L-R JamesMio one rubber glove in the Michael Jackson style, Ralph, Blue Flame havin' a fag.

Obligatory artsy fartsy shot on the banks of Loch Laggan. It was lovely when the sun was shining.

Lunging at the Laggan Damn. L-R JamesMio, Ralph. Still raining.

The only 4 bikes in The Green Welly. Another first.

Anybody else got any photos? Jimmy...

Last edited by Tiger 55; 28-10-08 at 04:07 PM.
Old 28-10-08, 04:01 PM   #177
Cumfy

Great pics there tiger!! Am now having flashbacks of "the BOB" really don't think I need to eat until the next rideout given the Deer burger at the spittal then that beastie trying to follow it into my gullet. Might help me finish it off if I'm THAT hungry.

Cheers
Old 28-10-08, 04:06 PM   #178
Tiger 55

Quote:
Thanks to one and all, we had a truly fab weekend. Not one to be forgotten, except the bits i cant remember! Amanda and Johnny have vowed to be at the Ice Cream Run, so I guess I'm coming too!!!
Thought we'd see you to say goodbye, sorry about that. Thanks for bringing Amanda by the way, otherwise we'd have been 9 blokes dancing with each other.

Quote:
PS... Does anyone else have a really sore neck? I'm putting it down to the air guitar masterclass with Tiger55
The trick is to imagine you are alone in your living room with the curtains shut. Drunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMio View Post
had to filter the entire way across Glasgow (took ferkin ages!) - I presume Tiger got stuck in that too?
No, but I was thinking of you as I dived off at Paisley. Respect is due to you Sir for negotiating that lot cold, dark, knackered and another 80 odd miles still to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMio View Post
there were a few lucky escapes!
When you proceed along at my majestically serene pace you don't need to be lucky. Thanks again to everybody for waiting for me over and over again. I had thought in advance I'd be able to keep up with the 33bhp ad53, but not to be.

Quote:
Don't suppose you have some Club footage? .
I don't, but I know a man who does. Paging Mr Ralph...

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post
my textile jacket itself was soaked right through the quilted lining. (I'm buying the same Spada stuff as Tiger, he was bone dry! Tiger - please can I borrow the RiDE recommended book?)
Better than that, your own copy in pdf here, follow the link to the Big Book of Kit. I've got the Podium jacket and Circuit trousers although the Halvarssons gear scored better. As well it might for being 700 quid more expensive!
Old 28-10-08, 04:26 PM   #179
Tiger 55

And that was The Rideout Of The Stuartyboy. Thanks for the organisation Ralph. Weather wise I wasn't looking forward to it one little bit but I don't get out much and the theory was the wilder the elements the better the beer would taste. And it tasted great The school disco was a bonus though, I'm not much of a dancer in real life...

The Bunkhouse was an eye opener too, complete with en-suite and private shower. Much better than any of the Youth Hostels I've stayed in the last couple of years. Thanks to Haggis for sorting that out and doing the arithmetic.

As for the actual riding, it was just a means to an end for me, but what an end! I would prefer the roads to be wider and drier next year. Same exact route mind you, just widen the roads and guarantee the sunshine.

I'll see you there.
Old 28-10-08, 04:36 PM   #180
aarond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger 55 View Post
guarantee the sunshine.
and make some more petrol stations! was good ride actually i thought not nice conditions though, although one question i can think of is ralph do you now that road?