SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 15-08-10, 07:58 PM   #171
Bri w

Default Re: Your thoughts for AR11

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyorkie_chris View Post

We are happy to help organise an AR in Northumberland - with help and a team of course and would love an excuse to recce a route... . Bri, there's no point wasting energies on such efforts me dear, not just yet anyway

#ponders wandering off to make a poll...#
I'm not looking to do an in-depth proposal, with prices and a recce, but its a chicken and egg thing.

How can someone vote on something without some detail of what they're voting for?

Currently - Fighting the urge... seen a nice Triumph America

Previously - Honda CB125, Honda CB400-4 & BSA B40, Moto Guzzi 850, Yamaha RD250, Suzuki GT380, Kawasaki Z1B, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VFR, Triumph Street Triple R.
Bri w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-10, 08:09 PM   #172
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

See, this is what I hope would happen. People who love the areas they live in and know the roads and places and who want to make the effort to show it to the whole of the .org.

In a little while, when people have had a chance to research stuff in their area, we can put the different ideas and proposals to the good people for their consideration.

Keep going with the ideas!
Messie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-10, 08:16 PM   #173
missyburd

Ah sometimes I forget about these mods

Ignore my post then
Old 15-08-10, 08:20 PM   #174
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjo View Post
+1 Soho Massive - id love to ride around London very early hours and see the sights before all the roads start to congest!
One of my favourite activities

You are only an hour or so north if you ever want someone to take you round

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-10, 08:24 PM   #175
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

Kelly - it's great fun. You get to feel like a right hooligan while tearing around trying to keep up with Soho loonies who now the area far too well.
Messie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-10, 08:48 PM   #176
xXBADGERXx

Well if it is very far North then I have offered my gaff as a stop gap for those that are taking on a killer journey , I am sure others would do the same .
Old 15-08-10, 10:24 PM   #177
jambo
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
Edit oh my god, something Jambo has said has got stuck in my head. I need to see a shrink fast. I should be the voice of anarchy, what has happened to me. Has AR10 turned me into a Stepford orger.
Mwahahahahahahahahahaha

3 points:
1) Anyone should be able to throw together a loose proposal for people to vote on
2) No one should be able to moan about it if they've not helped organise it, or put forward a proposal
3) The proposals should be voted on in an AR11 section (cheers mods) not hidden in IB, though clearly a link at the top of each section to it would be a winner

Jambo
Old 15-08-10, 11:17 PM   #178
independentphoto

It will alway be a fair ole trek for some regardless of the location, this has been pointed out by several posters. Blueflame has ventured all the way from Fife to Somerset(?) in the past, whilst Fizzwheel has travelled from Somerset(ish?) all the way to Loch Lomond. Holding the event anywhere in Ireland (North or South) would make the venture very expensive for the majority. HOWEVER - what about the irish ORGans? Has anyone considered them? If the event were to be held in the Northwest of England or Southwest Scotland, it would be possible that we might even get some Irish riders attending and feeling more involved with the ORG as a whole. Is this not the point of the AR with it's social side?

From what I can tell, the Irish are able to get far better deals on ferries than those of us on the Eastern side of the water.

Just some thoughts from someone who would have made the journey this year if Quedos and I were not already commited to other things.

Garry.
Old 15-08-10, 11:59 PM   #179
dill89

Where and when it is i don't care, I just really wan a get over from Northern Ireland for it next year... Might even have an SV by then , especially if it's around the same time of year !!
Old 16-08-10, 08:56 AM   #180
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
NB I am NOT looking to replicate LP's North Wales rides!!!!!!!

The campsite is in the grounds of The Wingfield Arms pub at Montford Bridge, next to a bridge across the River Severn built by Thomas Telford in 1792. This is where it's at:

On the Vox's three tests:

(a) A 'Statement of Intent' that you are prepared to take on the organisation of AR11 - YES

(b) Some homework looking into possible venues, costs, facilties etc. Will do a bit more research

(c) A proposal (any chance that one of the Rideout Mods can set up a new sub-forum for these as it looks as though we may have several?) as a result of information gathered at (b) - To follow
You can count on my support if this goes ahead Ed. Happy to be a foot soldier doing your bidding.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote