SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 19-06-13, 09:50 AM   #171
Woogie

Default Re: Crashed last night :(

As stated several times, I admitted immediately that I was going to fast for the situation and have never said I believe it is fully the 3rd partys fault... I stated this to the police and to my insurers at the time. Sometimes I do wonder if people just love to be overly critical, complain and repeat the same things other have repeatedly.
Old 19-06-13, 10:53 AM   #172
Owenski

Result on the payout woogie, hopefully the injuries are healing up nicely and you'll be back on the road in no time.
Old 19-06-13, 11:06 AM   #173
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woogie View Post
........Sometimes I do wonder if people just love to be overly critical, complain and repeat the same things other have repeatedly.
No mate, this is a reality check. I tried to give it to you sugar coated but if you want my honest opinion (and I know you don't) you were riding like a **** and quite frankly deserved what you got. The only reason you got paid out was because "technically" you had the right of way and the fact you were riding without due care and attention doesn't change that. The law says the other driver should have given way to you and unfortunately all the practical considerations that would have required won't change it.

The damage caused to your bike cannot be disputed, so they have paid you.

The damage caused to you (personal injury) will also be their fault and they will not be able to avoid liability. Hopefully they will offer you about £1 in compensation. I somehow suspect you will not be happy with that and will want more. We then enter the whole nasty world of mud slinging to establish just how much "responsibility" rests with them, and how much should sit with you. I'm just trying to give you an early heads up that they will have a lot of mud, mostly provided by you.

If you don't want people to analyze your riding and comment accordingly don't post up a video, or was it just sympathy you were after? Patting you one the head and saying "there there never mind" will do you no favors in the long run, and I'm not the one complaining. Oh, and as far as I am aware nobody else pointed out the pedestrian crossing violation.

Good luck, and despite sounding like a grumpy old man I am actually quite grateful to you. Everybody who sees videos like these learns from them and I'm patronizing enough to acknowledge that you have made a significant contribution to road safety........even if only because you won't be riding for a while...
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-13, 11:08 AM   #174
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

missed this thread the first time round:

1) Glad that it sounds like you're on the mend buddy
2) hopefully everyone can learn something from the video
3) super blonde to the rescue!

thanks for posting btw

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-13, 11:42 AM   #175
Woogie

Wrist isn't great still as doctors reckon I have muscle/soft tissue or cartilage damage so its still very sore and have restricted movement. The fractures have healed but its very frustrating still, especially as I moved house last weekend and could do very little to actually assist

Docs think it will be another 4-6 weeks before I can get back on a bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
Pointless ramblings about me being a **** because of a mistake....
If you say so.... Nice to know that my original statement was correct....and that you are so perfect as to have never made a mistake in your life. You have made your point so to put it bluntly... jog on now unless you have something worthwhile to say.

Last edited by Woogie; 19-06-13 at 11:49 AM.
Old 19-06-13, 12:34 PM   #176
SvNewbie

Quote:
Oh, and as far as I am aware nobody else pointed out the pedestrian crossing violation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway Code Rule - 191
You MUST NOT park on a crossing or in the area covered by the zig-zag lines. You MUST NOT overtake the moving vehicle nearest the crossing or the vehicle nearest the crossing which has stopped to give way to pedestrians.
Yeah, to be fair that is a good point. This is one of my pet hates. A large number of motorcyclists in London completely ignore ZigZags while filtering.

Not claiming to be an angel myself though, if the traffic is at a standstill in central London with sufficient room for me to make progress ahead I will stop at the line, check both ways and proceed with care.
Old 19-06-13, 12:44 PM   #177
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woogie View Post
If you say so.... Nice to know that my original statement was correct....and that you are so perfect as to have never made a mistake in your life. You have made your point so to put it bluntly... jog on now unless you have something worthwhile to say.
Oh I've made shed loads of mistakes, and still do unfortunately. Seems like trying to tip you off that perhaps things are not as straightforward as you might hope is yet another one. In your OP you wrote "Thankfully I had my helmet cam on so recorded it all". I'm fairly sure those sentiments are shared by the car driver.
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-13, 12:50 PM   #178
stuR

Bloody hell whats up with people online and their high horses. Im sure if woogie wants anyones extremely 'valuble' opinion, he will ask for it. Glad to hear you are slightly on the mend
Old 19-06-13, 12:52 PM   #179
Woogie

Quote:
Oh I've made shed loads of mistakes, and still do unfortunately. Seems like trying to tip you off that perhaps things are not as straightforward as you might hope is yet another one. In your OP you wrote "Thankfully I had my helmet cam on so recorded it all". I'm fairly sure those sentiments are shared by the car driver.

Yes i'm sure they are, I was advised by multiple people not to give the footage over as it could go against me but I handed it over anyway. I am under no illusions as to the fact I have blame in the incident and once again I will state, I have told both the police AND my insurers this as well as mentioning my speed as a point yet you seem to be neglecting the fact I have said this several times.

Not ONCE have I made out this is a cut and dry case, Not ONCE have I said I was blameless and not ONCE have I tried to twist the facts to anything other than what they are. I have said from the first day I got the camera that I have to protect myself and others yet you seem to think the case is otherwise.
Old 19-06-13, 07:53 PM   #180
Dicky Ticker

The main thing is you have learned something hopefully----riding motorbikes is one big learning curve. Myself,after 50 years riding,I am still learning little gems every so often.