SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 20-10-08, 09:35 PM   #171
Baph

Default Re: Xmas get together

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellywoozle View Post
No cancellation is allowed as the meal is gonna be booked !! Some other kind orger has rang Stormy and they are doing food and pre booking altho not takin orders yet. So if it rains you will just have to come in ya cars or get wet !!!
So what about those of us working shifts, and not sure what the shift pattern will be?
Old 20-10-08, 09:36 PM   #172
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
So what about those of us working shifts, and not sure what the shift pattern will be?
cant you work it out?

i did
Old 20-10-08, 09:36 PM   #173
Speedy Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
How far in advance will people know their shift pattern? and how soon in advance would we have to book?
Old 20-10-08, 09:40 PM   #174
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Claire View Post
How far in advance will people know their shift pattern?
Personally, the shifts are work are very up in the air... for example, in 4 days time, I'm having a two week holiday, before my holiday I'm supposed to be on day shifts (10am-6pm), but I'll find out tomorrow morning if I'm going in at 10am, or if I'm actually on night shifts (which means starting at 11pm!).

EDIT: I also found out today that they can't cover one of the days I'm on holiday, so I've agreed to work this as overtime just to make sure there's sufficient cover.

They're supposed to give us 30 days notice, but we're stupidly short of staff, so they don't.

Anything could change, at any time.

If places need to be booked, and I'm not sure, the only sensible thing is to back out now, rather than take a place & not be able to attend.
Old 20-10-08, 09:42 PM   #175
Speedy Claire

Whenever i`ve booked anything for a large no. of people the venue usually have no objections to a phone call a week or so before adding another 1 or 2 people to our list... i`m sure everything will be ok
Old 20-10-08, 11:08 PM   #176
DaveP

Any of the dates mentioned are fine by me!
Old 21-10-08, 07:39 AM   #177
stewie

Im going away early weds morning for a few weeks so I will fit in with any plans you guys make, see you soon, bye.
Old 21-10-08, 08:18 AM   #178
darylB

At great personal expense and wishing to make things easier ( i hope) i can do the 7th so those that can't do the 14th will be able to attend. i would hate to think that i am the reason for certain people not to be able to attend. Hope this makes things easier.

daryl.

p.s. as i am not working at present the 7th is no problem for me, nor is any other date. i would just like to wish my ex boss the most unhappy xmas it would be possible to think of.
Old 21-10-08, 09:20 PM   #179
Speedy Claire

oh no.... am i reading that right and you`re out of work? so sorry and I also wish your ex boss a very unhappy xmas, I hope the New Year brings good fortune your way.
Old 22-10-08, 07:15 AM   #180
darylB

Yes, you read it right, now not working, apart from everything at home which needs doing. Twas an acrimonious parting of the ways but in a way i,m glad it happened, he'd been a right ****** for quite a while. A certain lawman on the site who lives not far from me is going for breach of contract, unfair dismissal etc. It's a bit difficult even looking for a job at the moment, as we are going to China in 2 weeks time for 17 days and then 4 days in Hong Kong. I'll then start looking properly. Looking forward to the meal and meeting everyone then.

Daryl.