SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 19-08-16, 09:16 PM   #1791
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Aww you de-wided it. Anyway thought you had a Lubitel? The focus screen is bright but not very easy to use, the little magnifier is rubbish, it all feels quite cheap (I know it really was cheap). Just not my bag. Had a look at the Praktika, fixed the door latch but it still won't wind on or fire. The lever doesn't move at all so I'm not sure if it's co-cked. It does have an electronic shutter but it will work at 1/90 or so without batteries so it's not an electronic problem. The self-timer had been set and did wind down but slowly, so I'm wondering if that's the problem. Need to take the front off to get to it. Parked it up for tonight. The shutter button also came off, the retaining collar was barely on. Made the speed knob much better for tightening it. It's a pretty solid lump alright, and has some nice features. It's a bit like the Pentax K2, it's semi-auto or manual, but I reckon it'll go for ever.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-16, 10:00 PM   #1792
Kenzie

I de-wided for the sake if people with small screens. Even in my 22in screen I had to scroll! Don't have a Lubitel, it's on the list though.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-16, 08:17 PM   #1793
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Well i spent a good chunk of the day fixing the BX20. I say fixing, in the end it was random poking and fiddling that eventually tripped the shutter and jammed it open, then eventually got it closed again. Not quite finished but it should be working now. There really isn't much info out there on it so took some pics on reassembly.
Old 20-08-16, 08:28 PM   #1794
Kenzie

Cool, I tend to do much the same as well and hope it works! Finished the film in the Vivitar but only fired a few shots from the Pen. Mostly shot with the TZ35 (see photo a day thread)
Will pop the film in to Asda tomorrow.

Last edited by Kenzie; 20-08-16 at 08:35 PM.
Old 20-08-16, 08:40 PM   #1795
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

If you wanna see the EK8. Strangely not many sold but a few for sale. Oh well, alea jacta est
Old 21-08-16, 03:05 PM   #1796
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

http://www.gumtree.com/p/non-digital...od-/1184000982
Not a long way from you Yoko, a fair price if it were just the camera and a lens but it also comes with a load of other gear.

Had another look at the Lubitel, it's sticking as needs a proper clean up. Watch this space! Fixed the BX20, almost, thin kit needs new batteries as the meter and electronics shutter control are a bit off. At least, I hope so.
Old 21-08-16, 05:38 PM   #1797
Kenzie

A few from the UWS

400 iso would have been better for the days weather, as shown by photos three and five which were when the sun was out.
Old 21-08-16, 08:08 PM   #1798
yokohama

Not been on for a couple of days. Lots to catch up on. All I've done is cleaned out decaying foam and replaced light seals on an OM10.
Lol Johnny, that MX is tempting. Don't want it, don't need it but ..... it'll be nagging at me all night.
Kenzie, what about this OM20? Close, pick up only and he's open to offers. 361659483484
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-16, 09:04 PM   #1799
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Nice pics Matt, look better on Flickr where they're bigger. Funny how some things suit a certain size.

I'd be after the MX myself if I were up that way, but not as a keeper - only because I have one. Really lovely piece of engineering, all mechanical plus a light meter. Just clicks quietly at every move.

F******************************************* BX needs more than new batteries, only I don't yet know what. It's actually a decent lump, some nice features (did I say this already?), bit noisy to wind on, ends with a loud CLUNK. Good lens though.
Old 22-08-16, 07:05 AM   #1800
Kenzie

So what is it doing now?not firing?

Sent from my Xperia T