SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 30-08-16, 06:39 PM   #1861
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Tried a couple of panning shots of my daughter running around the garden. 1/500 f11 and guessed the focus so basically hedging my bets! Am off to Scotland for a few days with work so taking the Certo (3 shots left) and can't decide if I'll take the Konica, still 14 shots left but I don't think there will be many opportunities.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-16, 07:03 PM   #1862
Kenzie

I would take it but I tend to find taking too many cameras spoils things and I end up doubling up shots.
Just won an OM20 and ME Super for £2.99 each plus postage.

Last edited by Kenzie; 30-08-16 at 07:19 PM.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-16, 07:33 PM   #1863
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Blimey! I'm actually looking for cases/bags as my Super Program and SLR lenses (half have cases) are knocking about in a large drawer. I have a Sacar-style case which the MX came in, I'd really like another or maybe a fabric camera bag to keep them all in, for storage really rather than lugging around. Seen them (the leather cases) on adverts before and thought "oh look, familiar" but am keeping my eyes open now as some of the are not cheap, but of course when sold with a camera they are often much less!
Old 30-08-16, 07:42 PM   #1864
yokohama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzie View Post
I would take it but I tend to find taking too many cameras spoils things and I end up doubling up shots.
Just won an OM20 and ME Super for £2.99 each plus postage.
Bargains!! Well discovered. Are they working?
No shooting today. Out on the SV for 7 hours across the Dales and into the lakes. I didn't take a camera.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-16, 08:06 PM   #1865
Kenzie

Untested. The Om20 is missing its mode dial but I have a couple kicking around. The ME is a little dirty and also untested. Need to do like Johnny is doing and start finding some cases for those that are missing them.
Old 30-08-16, 08:49 PM   #1866
yokohama

Hard to find original cases that have withstood the years, I think. The Pentax MX and the P30 came with cases, as did the Minolta X700. The latter is a solid case and good leather but is really dry and starting to split. I put some nourisher on but I think it's too late. The 2 pentax cases are OK but they put a kind of rubber trim around all the edges and this is now all turning to sticky goo, just like the lightseals and it gets everywhere.
Old 30-08-16, 08:54 PM   #1867
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

This is what the MX came in
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Sa...-/122067443563
although it didn't have an every-ready case, so lately I managed to find one. I have an ERC for the Super Program but at home all the stuff is knocking around, not great. They aren't cheap to buy on their own though.
Old 31-08-16, 07:53 PM   #1868
yokohama

That's a nice case to keep it in. Mine are all just ERCs but will give a little protection I guess.
On a different note, 3 films to hand in for processing tomorrow.
Old 31-08-16, 08:32 PM   #1869
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

If I ever get my thumb but I have two ready and still three shots left on the Certo!

I wouldn't have thought of a bigger case or bag until I had this one. It is useful for taking a few things out and about, if only to keep them all together, but it is easy put on a shelf in the cupboard or move around. Probably the sort of thing I should trawl the charity shops for, that or a fabric camera bag, at least I'll be able to eyeball it. ERCs are still good, I had to buy a Nettar to get the case for my Ikonta! Was £6 vs £15-20 for just a case.
Old 01-09-16, 12:03 PM   #1870
Kenzie

Got my Bessa through today, pretty good condition and the shutter works but does occasionally fail to release properly. Think it just needs exercising.
Also collected a Canon Canoscan 4400F to replace the 8000F with no glass. £12. Will post up a scan in a bit.

Last edited by Kenzie; 01-09-16 at 07:52 PM.