SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 12-10-10, 03:38 PM   #11
Reeder

Default Re: Is this you?! Spotted on google maps: K9S (blue/white stripe) nr. basingstoke!

Not at all, but when there's 8 houses down your road robbed in one night you'd like to think someone must have been paying attention to when people are likely to be out, and therefore increase the chances of them being caught?
Old 12-10-10, 03:43 PM   #12
Milky Bar Kid

Default Re: Is this you?! Spotted on google maps: K9S (blue/white stripe) nr. basingstoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeder View Post
Not at all, but when there's 8 houses down your road robbed in one night you'd like to think someone must have been paying attention to when people are likely to be out, and therefore increase the chances of them being caught?
Yep and the only way they could do that is to actually reccy your street. A view from google maps won't tell them that. They would have to actually visit it a few times.
Old 12-10-10, 03:43 PM   #13
Reeder

Well regardless YOU! I still think it's a bad idea!
Old 13-10-10, 04:35 PM   #14
Warthog

I have to agree with MBK here, streetview doesn't tell you anything more than what you could tell from walking down a street. In fact, it is a lot worse. The info is years old, your window isn't open now is it! Thieves are looking for opportunities, and will not find them on streetview!
Old 14-10-10, 02:46 PM   #15
TazDaz

Oddly enough I found this on my own the other week, and wondered if it was me, but as soon as I saw the shorts, I knew it wasn't me. What fookin nugget wears shorts on a motorbike...seriously?
Old 14-10-10, 02:49 PM   #16
Owenski

it was you wasnt it.

added: gloveless too
Old 14-10-10, 03:47 PM   #17
ogden
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazDaz View Post
Oddly enough I found this on my own the other week, and wondered if it was me, but as soon as I saw the shorts, I knew it wasn't me. What fookin nugget wears shorts on a motorbike...seriously?
Safety nazi.
S1000XR | 990SMT | YZF-R6 #7
ogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-10, 07:56 AM   #18
TazDaz

No, I value my skin higher than I value ventilation.
Old 15-10-10, 03:08 PM   #19
Sosha

oooh who took your bike for a joyride?
Old 15-10-10, 04:38 PM   #20
TazDaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosha View Post
oooh who took your bike for a joyride?
Lol...I assure you it isn't me. That bike is far too clean to be mine!