SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-08, 12:44 PM   #11
rictus01
Mega Poster

Default Re: February Photo Comp

funnily enough my first thought was an exploded rain drop from a rainy day scene with a glode in it, but it couldn't be done with just the camrea, still learning this photographic thing so concentrating on the shot it self, photoshops tricks and manipulation are something I'll play with down the line although I've got most of the basics.

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
Old 02-02-08, 12:49 PM   #12
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe View Post
Is it not part of the rules for no enhancements Seems rather unfair to anyone that does not possess those editing skills but can take a good photograph.
Humm.. don't know .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelster View Post
Few simple rules...
  • One entry per person per month
  • The winner of the competition will suggest the subject for the following month.
  • The winner cannot enter the following month, but they should provide a photo in the opening post to set the standard if they want to.
  • "Photoshoped" images: ALL images in the scene have to be your own work, putting a decent picture onto a background that you didn't take isn't exactly fair.
  • If you do photoshop the picture please mention it when you post it. Not that there is anything wrong with editing them, it just will allow people to make their on decisions about voting.
I can't take a photo of the earth so took the photo of the earth and moon from a book. if it not allowed I'll with draw it and do another.
Old 02-02-08, 12:57 PM   #13
rictus01
Mega Poster

I wouldn't worry about it, as was seen last month, K's bear was hardly "wildlife" was it (although it did bring a smile) it would seem the "rules" are somewhat flexable to an extent.

But I don't (and could be wrong here) think I've seem anything so overtly Photoshopped so far

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
Old 02-02-08, 01:04 PM   #14
K

Ooooh - I seem to have set a bit of a toughie.

As long as the photo of the photo of the earth (if used blah blah blah) has been taken by the poster, and they let folks know how the end result was achieved that I see no probs. People can then vote whilst in possession of all the information - if you get my drift.

It may mean that this time a very brief explaination may need to be attached to each shot when Richie complies the 'Voting Thread' - but I see no harm in that.

I'm glad I may be causing a little flexing of creative muscles though.

Edit:
This is also a theme I have had bumbling round my head for a while, so am interested if any of the ideas I've toyed with are similarly thought of by those way more experienced with photography than me. After all, I only normally use the thing to take marketing photos of my work.

Last edited by K; 02-02-08 at 01:07 PM.

Old 02-02-08, 01:08 PM   #15
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by K View Post

I'm glad I may be causing a little flexing of creative muscles though.
Nah, I'm just a trouble maker.

Old 02-02-08, 01:37 PM   #16
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

I think its a good subject, especially as I'm racking my brains for ideas. Somel lateral thinking or some creative ideas are whats needed and I'm all out of them at the mo.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
Old 02-02-08, 01:41 PM   #17
Jdubya

I think I might have a crack at this one but am in thr same boat as fizz...not too sure what to do...

Old 02-02-08, 09:52 PM   #18
amarko5

Quote:
Originally Posted by K View Post
Ooooh - I seem to have set a bit of a toughie.

As long as the photo of the earth has been taken by the poster

I see no probs.

How many astronoughts have we on SV 650

Old 03-02-08, 12:30 AM   #19
amarko5

The Moon (the only celestial body i can photograph from this small world of ours) Taken with my camera and a 200mm lens with a 2x converter added (equivelant 640mm lens with conversion factors)

FREEHAND no tripod NO Photoshop "as shot" cropped in windowz to 800 x 566.

Old 03-02-08, 10:29 AM   #20
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarko5 View Post
How many astronoughts have we on SV 650
We've a few Space Cadets..
I think she means that a photo of the earth from a book.
Is that photo of the Moon taken on 11/11/06 @ 23:11:48 ? as I've seen that one before.

Last edited by Richie; 03-02-08 at 10:35 AM.
Closed Thread