SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 26-12-07, 11:25 PM   #11
thedonal

Default Re: Age difference

It all depends on how grown up the younger of the two is, really.

Though 21 sounds good. Mmmmmm. etc.!

From my previous relationship- 7 years younger (she were 19, I were...um- counts on fingers- 26), given that my ex had an awful lot of issues that made life harder, I'd say the next girl I plan to hook up with is a little closer to my age. Well- physical age, anyway. I'm still just a 14 year old at heart!!!

If you can make it work, then fantastic- you clearly are well matched.
Old 26-12-07, 11:33 PM   #12
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

Narr not at all. congrats by the way.
Old 26-12-07, 11:35 PM   #13
tigersaw
Mega Poster

when I was 30 and a bit I had a 17 year old G/F. It went on over a year, then her dad put a stop to it, and he really did have the clout to do so. (Think MP, think senior VIP, think that kind of rank). We actually had a lot of fun and are still friends, but I think the age gap would show big time if it were now.
tigersaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-07, 02:14 AM   #14
ASM-Forever

Personally i don't 'date'(meh) girls that are still in school, but after that its fair game. Having said that i am only 21.

In fairness thats probably because i have no wish to help them with their physics homework, rather than any ethical/moral issue.
Old 27-12-07, 09:26 AM   #15
Demonz

I dont think it matters between 19-40.
Old 27-12-07, 09:50 AM   #16
Tara

I don't think the age difference matters at all my other half is quite a bit younger than me but is far more responsible
Old 27-12-07, 10:00 AM   #17
stewie

Thers an 8 yrs difference between me and the wife, Im 8 yrs older, I dont think it matters.Theres enough pressure in marriage without adding anymore mate.
Old 27-12-07, 10:11 AM   #18
Ed

We have friends who married in 1990. We attended the nuptials. At the time he was 28 and she was 53 - the same age as his mum in fact. It caused a scandal and parents refused to have anything more to do with him. He is now 45 and she is 70. We met them a while back, they're still very very happy
Old 27-12-07, 10:28 AM   #19
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara View Post
my other half is quite a bit younger than me
Dirty bugger!

anyway back to the subject, no i don't think age matters at all
Old 27-12-07, 10:29 AM   #20
-Ralph-

Nah, makes no difference, so long as the two heads are at approximately the same place in life, doesn't matter what the age gap is.

Think an older male sometimes works better as women settle down and mature quicker. How many 30 something guys (including me) still behave like kids, playstation, xbox, etc? I can't wait until my wee boy is old enough for radio controlled cars an the like.

I have a great relationship with my 21 and 23 yr old cousins, we chat for hours. They take the pi$$ and keep telling me I'm getting old, especially since I became a Dad, but it's only fun and since they reached adult maturity the age gap doesn't make a difference. Might be different if I was married to someone that age mind you, but whatever age your partner, you will always find differences that cause arguments.

I still go out clubbing and getting pi$$ed with them and have a ball! Takes me longer to recover nowadays thats all, but then they take longer to recover 'cos they have to drink double thier usual to keep up with a more developed consitution! It's funny as hell when they bring all thier student mates to one of our parties full of our 30 something friends, we end up raiding the drinks cabinet with a cocktail shaker and they all end up totally kail-eyed.