SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 18-03-10, 06:49 PM   #11
sarah

Default Re: CBT in the rain....proper rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruntygiggles View Post
Thanks guys. My only concern is not gettiing overconfident. The instructor said that very often people are a bit too quick on car tests, but he said he's never seen someone on their first day of riding get on the roads and just go like that....lol. I think being pillion for so long helped a lot with that!

Bring on the 500's, I can't wait now....although I am shattered and have done my shoulder in by sleeping on it funny last night. At least it doesn't hurt in the riding position
I found the 500s much easier to ride than the 125s, you'll love it!
Old 18-03-10, 06:52 PM   #12
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Yay...thanks Sarah. At least I won't have to be getting them on and off the centre stand. By the time we went to take a look at the test centre and parked on a bit of a hill......I didn't have the strength to get it off...hehe! Was ok on the flat at the petrol station though.

Oh....and the idiot in the south glos council van is going to get a nasty letter from the traingi centre after he pulled out right in front of me. Luckily I swerved first, then put the brakes on....great, til I forgot to pull in the clutch and stalled.....lol
Old 18-03-10, 07:05 PM   #13
lily

YAY........ knew you would do it

Good luck tomorrow x
Old 18-03-10, 07:12 PM   #14
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Cool and I'd agree with Sarah the 500 is much easier to ride.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-10, 07:13 PM   #15
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Nice work grunty
Old 18-03-10, 07:31 PM   #16
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
Cool and I'd agree with Sarah the 500 is much easier to ride.
That's very good to know. The instructor said you need to be very smooth with the up and down gear changes on the 500. 2 blokes that were there today failed their Mod 1's and apparently it was because they had no slow control, but I was really enjoying that, so hope I can still do it as well on the 500.

In fact, if I'm honest....I'd quite happily do nothing but ride at less than 5mph for the next few months...it's so much fun. Then again...the roundabouts on the ring road at 30-40mph were quite good fun too
Old 18-03-10, 07:42 PM   #17
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

I never noticed the gear changes, I just got on with it. I never really had trouble with that.

What you might find is that it takes a little more effort to steer it than the 125, but after a few minutes you wont notice that.

Just remember. Look where you want the bike to go and it will follow you. If you only remember one thing. Remember that.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-10, 07:44 PM   #18
sarah

Quote:
Just remember. Look where you want the bike to go and it will follow you. If you only remember one thing. Remember that.
sound advice
Old 18-03-10, 07:47 PM   #19
Milky Bar Kid

Quote:
Oh yes!! I once looked at the wall of a bridge...and nearly crashed into same! I was most scared!
Old 18-03-10, 07:48 PM   #20
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Thanks Fizz. The guy teaching me is a massive Stoner fan. He met him last year and asked him a few questions....one was how do they go through S bends so quickly and the other was, what one thing would you tell learner riders about? Apparently, he said S bends are easy.....they just use the balls of their feet on the pegs to turn (easy for them to say) and for the learner riders, he said that the best thing to remember is that when cornering...you should NEVER put the throttle on until you can keep it on. He said that putting the throttle on and having to come back off it again usually makes people go for the front brake, which can sit the bike up and send you over the road into oncoming traffic.

Arrrggghhh, there's so much to take in...lol