SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 16-04-06, 10:18 AM   #11
jim@55

yes i agree,chill pill. i was cut up once (badly )and kicked the guys door ,he chased after the bike and while it was stopped at lights about 2 mile later i see him running between the cars at the lights with a claw hammer in his hand i had to go through the lights(red,at a busy junction)to get away from him,i was lucky to be looking in the mirrors to see him or else it might not have been the same ending .
Old 16-04-06, 10:35 AM   #12
Balky001
Mega Poster

Socomm, you will end up worse off if you keep this up. Getting cut up (not with a knife but a car) is a fact of life. I know one or two blokes that would quite happily knock over a parked bike and put you under it even if you looked at them in the wrong way let alone touch their property. You just don't know who you are dealing with - even the most placid looking guy can be a mental.
Old 16-04-06, 11:46 AM   #13
socommk23

1 i am an experienced rider
2 i have a great awarness of things around me while riding..(hence neither ended in an accident)
3 these were seperate events months apart
4 if we keep brushing these idiots off they will never know they were in the wrong and there fore grow no more awearness to the fact there are bikers on the road who have a rite to be there as much as them
5 they dont care how vunerable we are and are not going to give it another thought till someone points it out to them!
6 im not always shouting.....just habit to put an ! on end of everything!
7 i appreciate what you guys are saying...and yes i need to chill out...and offen do....but these two incidents and the drivers blatent "im in the right" attitude made me see red! i know it will get me in the preverbial sh"$. but i cant say it wont happen again......
ok maybe next time ill try a simple ...stop the car...take helmet off...smile at said driver...tap window...and talk calmly to them as i explain what i think they need to do bout their driving!
8 the whole time i wrote that i was thinking (pull driver out of car...hit a couple of times walk away)
9 i was kidding in 8!
Old 16-04-06, 12:52 PM   #14
Toypop

I wouldnt bother talking to them full stop mate. Just let it go.

You have to remember that these people in cars are not deliberately trying to knock you off even if it looks that way at times.

Granted they couldnt give a monkeys toss about your safety but believe me they do worry about getting the slightest scratch on their cars so 99% of drivers will avoid you at all costs and any near misses tend to be due to a lapse in concentration rather than any malice.

I tend to pick my fights very carefully when the road and traffic conditions suit me. Sometimes I respond and sometimes I just shake my head and let it go.
Old 16-04-06, 09:23 PM   #15
socommk23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toypop

You have to remember that these people in cars are not deliberately trying to knock you off even if it looks that way at times.

Granted they couldnt give a monkeys toss about your safety but believe me they do worry about getting the slightest scratch on their cars so 99% of drivers will avoid you at all costs and any near misses tend to be due to a lapse in concentration rather than any malice.

I tend to pick my fights very carefully when the road and traffic conditions suit me. Sometimes I respond and sometimes I just shake my head and let it go.
thats my point!
you let it go...and they wont realise they done it!
therefore wont look out for it in future!

if you let it go you may as well be as bad as they are for inadvertently encouraging bad, ignorant driving!

least give them the bird!
ffs!
Old 16-04-06, 09:42 PM   #16
madmal

calm

calm

relax

chill

close your eyes

calm way on down

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

soccom, all been there mate. your a better person if you can show self control in situations like this.

they dont give a f*** if you get knocked off
Old 17-04-06, 06:18 AM   #17
TC3

Quote:
Originally Posted by socommk23
Quote:

thats my point!

if you let it go you may as well be as bad as they are for inadvertently encouraging bad, ignorant driving!

ffs!
I really do not think that confronting the driver will change their driving habits in the long run. May affect them for a day or 2 while the event is fresh in their mind but it will soon be forgotten and they will be back to there old ways.
Old 17-04-06, 08:43 AM   #18
socommk23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC3
Quote:
Originally Posted by socommk23
Quote:

thats my point!

ffs!
I really do not think that confronting the driver will change their driving habits in the long run. May affect them for a day or 2 while the event is fresh in their mind but it will soon be forgotten and they will be back to there old ways.
in those couple of days....while its fresh in their minds...they might be aware and that alone might stop them from making the same mistake in that time and could well save someones life!
Old 17-04-06, 10:36 PM   #19
tomjones2

Chilling is the way to go.

Although this did annoy me. A few years back i saw an aqua (portsmouth minicab) driver knock a biker off while turning right without even bothering to look, the driver couldn't be bothered to get out of his car to check if the rider was ok. The rider got walked to the drivers door of the car and asked the driver if he "was going to f**king help him or just sit there" and the driver just sat there with a look of mild contempt.
Old 18-04-06, 02:29 AM   #20
socommk23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjones2
Chilling is the way to go.

Although this did annoy me. A few years back i saw an aqua (portsmouth minicab) driver knock a biker off while turning right without even bothering to look, the driver couldn't be bothered to get out of his car to check if the rider was ok. The rider got walked to the drivers door of the car and asked the driver if he "was going to f**king help him or just sit there" and the driver just sat there with a look of mild contempt.
this sort of driver shouldnt be on the road! let alone a profesional driver!