SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 26-10-07, 12:17 PM   #11
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Default Re: Just been Headhunted ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro68 View Post
Phil, I used to work in the licensing trade many moons ago ... and I really do empathise with you ... it was actually never my intention to work in the pubs full-time, but ... I got kicked off my HND Computer Studies course (I managed that course for a month before switching to business!) , and needed to earn some money fast ... at the time I was a part-time barman ... so suddenly I became trainee cellarman and full-time barman! Within a few years I was trained up to do relief management. Went from working in a really good and busy town-centre pub (taking £20K/week) (my old pub took 80K a week), to working in a small out-of-town pub that was DEAD (took about £3K/week) (my new pub takes about 30K). It was ok there ... I just got on with it ... but I'd have much rather worked in the town-centre pub cos I'd worked there for 3 or 4 years and knew everybody there!

THE GRASS ISN'T ALWAYS GREENER ...

I've left one job for another because of the lure of better pay, more career prospects, better benefits, company car, etc. only to be back at my former employer within a year because the company I went to wasn't bringing in enough work to keep me busy ... I should be alright, the company I might be going to work for are the 2nd largest lift company in the WORLD!

Which reminds me ... don't burn ya bridges either ya never know when you may need something from someone LOL
Oh, I definately don't intend on burning my bridges, I ALWAYS cover my as5!

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote