SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 18-02-09, 10:18 PM   #11
Paws

Default Re: Good news!

Cool, let us now what condition shes in and invest some almax locks and chains
Old 18-02-09, 10:19 PM   #12
Bluepete
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellywoozle View Post
Woo hoo the Police come up trumps for once, see Bluepete we do have a use .
Shell, I'd love to post the video of my latest pursuit from Sunday night. Stolen car, taken in a domestic burglary, then used in a ram-raid and chased and occupant caught by me on my own. Driver disqualified times four, high on heroin, attempted to ram me twice, managed to at the termination of the pursuit, I have bad whiplash, he is in prison! He threatened me with a knife, so was cuffed to the steering wheel to keep him safe and secure.

See, we do get out there and fight real crime. I've locked up more burglars in four years on traffic than seven years on section.

Pete
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-09, 10:26 PM   #13
Neeja

I've got to say that I had little faith in the police after the response I got when reporting it stolen (particularly since I was calling literally as the van was pulling away), since about 4 people called in in the space of an hour all letting me know that it was going to be listed stolen...every time the phone rang I was hoping someone would say they'd pulled the van, only to have information I already had repeated at me.

Was even more p'd off this morning when the police informed my girlfriend that they were going to visit her house to investigate her mum's tyres being slashed...with no mention of the bike at all (which they then proceeded to do). She asked about the bike and they just replied, "Yeah, lots of bikes stolen around here recently". Not that they've notified the public at all so we could be more cautious with them....

Hopefully everything will be smooth sailing from here so I can feel at least a little better about the whole thing. Hopefully they won't try to charge me per-day storage for the bike while they're investigating it like they did with my brother a few years back!
Old 18-02-09, 10:32 PM   #14
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePete View Post
Shell, I'd love to post the video of my latest pursuit from Sunday night. Stolen car, taken in a domestic burglary, then used in a ram-raid and chased and occupant caught by me on my own. Driver disqualified times four, high on heroin, attempted to ram me twice, managed to at the termination of the pursuit, I have bad whiplash, he is in prison! He threatened me with a knife, so was cuffed to the steering wheel to keep him safe and secure.

See, we do get out there and fight real crime. I've locked up more burglars in four years on traffic than seven years on section.

Pete
Good one Pete, well done !! Hope you get some recognition for it and hope ya whiplash not too bad!

I have to say my last burgler was not as good as that, doing over a vets, alarm gone off and the person in the flat above called us as they could hear someone downstairs. I get there with my partner and decide the dog is the best option, dog comes and goes in and comes out, nothing. So we do a walk around. I enter a dark small hall with 4 doors leading off it, chilled with the fact the dog has been round and there will be noone there i kick open doors and walk in and turn lights on, last doo wont open, so i ask the owner who is with me if it's locked, no it's a loo !!

So one kick and it opens, all dark ! Shine in the torch and there is billy burglar sitting on the loo with a hammer, i jump out my skin LOL

He is that doped up he thought he was robbing a paper shop. He turned up on a bike (push) and still had the helmet on, by the time he'd got to the custody area we convinced him he had a rabbit on his head, made good custody video.

Why don't I get any action like you Pete
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-09, 10:35 PM   #15
Bluepete
Mega Poster

You can get all the action you can handle if you give me a call

Pete
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-09, 10:47 PM   #16
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePete View Post
You can get all the action you can handle if you give me a call

Pete
What like a slap from Mrs BluePete LOL and a kick up the bum from Mr Woozle .. or is my mind wondering.

Right back on thread .... the found bike
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-09, 10:55 PM   #17
Neeja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellywoozle View Post
Right back on thread .... the found bike
Nono, don't mind us. Just carry on.

*puts on some Barry White*

Old 19-02-09, 11:27 AM   #18
Neeja

Update: Not such good news afterall.

The initial person I spoke to last night said there was minor damage and that she thought the bike was rideable, and that I'd probably be able to pick it up at the weekend once it had been processed.

Spoke to the garage today who said there was minor fairing damage (which I assumed was from my previous accident, and not really a problem).

Then spoke to the insurers, who called the garage, who then changed their story and said there was substantial damage all over.

Called the garage back about 10 mins ago and asked what exactly the damage was. They've now said that all the fairing is damaged, the gear lever is snapped and the exhaust is missing.

The soonest they can get an engineer out to examine it is middle of next week.

They had my hopes up and everything
Old 19-02-09, 11:33 AM   #19
Dave20046
Mega Poster

bloody hell! Extremely rare. I wonder what led them to the lock up. Excellent news (i hope).
Old 19-02-09, 11:35 AM   #20
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeja View Post
Update: Not such good news afterall.

The initial person I spoke to last night said there was minor damage and that she thought the bike was rideable, and that I'd probably be able to pick it up at the weekend once it had been processed.

Spoke to the garage today who said there was minor fairing damage (which I assumed was from my previous accident, and not really a problem).

Then spoke to the insurers, who called the garage, who then changed their story and said there was substantial damage all over.

Called the garage back about 10 mins ago and asked what exactly the damage was. They've now said that all the fairing is damaged, the gear lever is snapped and the exhaust is missing.

The soonest they can get an engineer out to examine it is middle of next week.

They had my hopes up and everything
oops sorry just read this. Me hopes the garage aren't having a slow patch due to the recession and making some insurance jobs for themselves. I don't know how old you are but having to claim would probably mean then end of my insurance policies. Hope it's okay .