SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 21-11-11, 09:03 PM   #11
andreis

Default Re: Most fuel miles out of your SV?

Airhawk worked wonders for my seat comfort... I probably should be posting a little review some time soon, but the point in case is that for a fair few euros (100euros for what is essentially a balloon seems excessive to me) it did get the comfort problem reigned in
Old 21-11-11, 09:15 PM   #12
letsride

220 is the most I got going 80 all on highway.

from somewhere on one of my rides.
Old 21-11-11, 09:56 PM   #13
graman

I use my curvey SV for long distance commuting (80 miles per day), mainly on dual on carriageways and I only cruise at 55 -60 mph for economy and comfort. This regularly gives me a tank range of 300miles and averages 85 miles per gallon.
I have found it easier to fill up as the same garage so I wanted to be able to do multiples of 80 miles, so 3 days would do 240 miles and 4 days 320 miles. I have managed to get 320 miles by filling up an aluminium 1 litre drink container and then adding this to the tank at my destination. This gives me an equivalent capacity of 17 litres (same as a pointy). This does sound strange but I now only fill up every 4 days.
Old 21-11-11, 11:52 PM   #14
cdtrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galviniser View Post
wow that doesnt seem as good, is yours a points too? why would you think this is? my cruising speed is about 65-70
I'd average a bit quicker on motorways but not much, definitely depends on how you ride. I do a lot of short runs too as i only work a couple of miles away from my house. Mine's a K6 pointy.
Old 22-11-11, 07:45 AM   #15
Galviniser

Just done 200.1 miles! And the light has come on !!! That's 85mpg as I filled up 10.64L impressed and that guy who does 300 mileage. That's impressive, do the SV's have a gf reserve because the most I have filled up is 12 l ?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
Old 22-11-11, 10:42 AM   #16
Ben Whitcher

Cant see how you guys are getting 200+ doesn't seem right at all. If i stick to 70-75 i can get 170 before the light then about 20 more before static fuel light is on. In order for me to get over that i would need to do like 65mph and hardly use the throttle at all. Not even my new BMW F800GS does that much. :O
Old 22-11-11, 12:40 PM   #17
Galviniser

I don't know mate, I don't know if its because mine is a 2011 model, but I was doing average of 70, and only slowed down due to traffic, I have an mtc can and didn't even get it remapped, so in a way I am loosing fuel too. And that's another thing, has anyone thought about remapping or rejetting to get the most fuel efficiency, I know a lot of people like speed but I would consider fuel efficiency, what about you guys?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
Old 22-11-11, 02:01 PM   #18
andreis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Whitcher View Post
Cant see how you guys are getting 200+ doesn't seem right at all. If i stick to 70-75 i can get 170 before the light then about 20 more before static fuel light is on. In order for me to get over that i would need to do like 65mph and hardly use the throttle at all. Not even my new BMW F800GS does that much. :O
It depends A LOT on driving habits & style. Using a lot of engine braking instead of your regular brake will get you good consumption (when engine braking, the engine goes into a closed loop and burns nothing). Anticipating will help you plan in greater advance and be able to use engine braking more (as well as developing healthy habits towards observation).

Then there's how much you fluctuate your speed. Keeping constant speed is great for fuel economy as it doesn't burn as much fuel (to achieve all the acceleration required when fluctuating speed).

What also helps is keeping the minimum amount of throttle for a given speed. This is less obvious, but if you've got a car that has instant consumption shown, you will see that you can hold the same speed with different throttle application... It would be useful for fuel consumption to have instant consumption shown on the dash (better yet, on a small HUD in your visor, so that is will not take your eyes off the road)
Old 22-11-11, 02:14 PM   #19
stormingjoe

Best 220 tootling (could have been more but used lower gears than necessary) and 148 scratching doing an average of 173 commuting, all full power ECU, K8. My VTR 70 scratching and 140 commuting once hit 165 tootling in a group
stormingjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-11, 02:20 PM   #20
blue curvy jester

depends on how fat the rider is as well ( larger riders larger wind resistance and heavier initial mass to shift)

i'd be supprised if some of the members of the org get more than 120 ( stretchie;-0)