SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Pennine Massive For those readers based up north.

Old 24-06-05, 09:40 AM   #11
KrZ

Great run to and back from hartside. Very nice to meet you Ian and ops forgot your mate's name... must arrange regular meets for newcastle lots soon.

And for anyone from this neck of the woods, avoid go to hartside from hexham way, they have just redone the road surface between Langley and the first hairpin (with gravals). even 15mph the bike was sliding like mad.
Old 24-06-05, 09:52 AM   #12
Cloggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrZ
And for anyone from this neck of the woods, avoid go to hartside from hexham way, they have just redone the road surface between Langley and the first hairpin (with gravals ( tut tut - 1 out of 10 see the teacher )). even 15mph the bike was sliding like mad.
Always entertaining NOT!
Old 24-06-05, 11:43 AM   #13
IanG

Because of the dodgey gravel road surface, myself and Dek went home from Hartside via Alston >Stanhope >Crook >Durham >Gateshead.
Trying to find a petrol station open after 8:30pm last night was a nightmare, travelled for 31 miles with my petrol warning light on, before finding one open. None of the village petrol stations were open, there owners must have went home to tuck there sheep in. lol
So if your out late at night children, beaware of your petrol situation from Hartside!
Old 24-06-05, 02:24 PM   #14
lurcher

Default ride out

hi,icame thru leyburn to hawes and the council is doing the roads there with gravel ,went to hartside via penrith,got over took by what looked like a rsvr wheelying being raced by a subaru they where fooking fast as,didnt see them again even on the moorland part,i once got to alston on the reserve one sun nite to find nowhere open had to go tohexham as i knew there would be nowhere open in tees/weardale i was flapping a bit that night
Old 25-06-05, 09:41 AM   #15
KrZ

Default Re: ride out

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurcher
hi,icame thru leyburn to hawes and the council is doing the roads there with gravel ,went to hartside via penrith,got over took by what looked like a rsvr wheelying being raced by a subaru they where fooking fast as,didnt see them again even on the moorland part,i once got to alston on the reserve one sun nite to find nowhere open had to go tohexham as i knew there would be nowhere open in tees/weardale i was flapping a bit that night
saw them racing up the twistie moor, and the bike came in hartside, subaru driver a bit disapointed, still behind the bike like.... and you must be the red curvy SV the didn't stop at hartside?
Old 25-06-05, 11:06 AM   #16
snoopy

Here's the pictures. I managed to keep up (just) with the CBR going up an we swapped bikes as well leading me to believe the curvy SV has more torque but less power and the CBR isn't as fast as I expected, but still quick .

Old 25-06-05, 11:30 AM   #17
KrZ

very nice indeed.
now. who said today (sat 25th)is gonna rain? i can't see any cloud here and having bad hangover.... good night though, don't know wtf happened to that bottle of white and how did martin still have his full glass after everyone else lost theirs...lol
right, might go and do some panning shot practice...
Old 25-06-05, 04:29 PM   #18
snoopy

Well you kicked the table and that bottle of red went everywhere. I'm not sure what happened to the white.

Btw I was impressed by your dancing, which, I hope I can still do when I'm 35

Woke up at 12:30. Really shouldn't have done those vodka shots .
Old 25-06-05, 05:08 PM   #19
lurcher

Default hartside

hi krz,yeah it was me on the red sv,stopped out later than expected needed to get home,i wish i stopped to say hi,didnt expect anyone of here to be there,going up early on sunday