SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 28-12-12, 05:47 PM   #11
christoph

Default Re: Scotland trip

as bibio say's theres not much in fort will.a few climbing shops and a whole load of b+b's.skye is definatly worth a visit,some of the most spectacular hills in scotland.the cullin ridge is a beaut,and theres the inn pinn one of the heardest munro's
Old 28-12-12, 05:56 PM   #12
savage86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
A93 is nice.

sorry to offend residents but Ft Billy is a shizz hole, its only good for petrol and Neptune's Staircase.

the general area of Sky is by far the best place to be as there is loads to see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by christoph View Post
as bibio say's theres not much in fort will.a few climbing shops and a whole load of b+b's.skye is definatly worth a visit,some of the most spectacular hills in scotland.the cullin ridge is a beaut,and theres the inn pinn one of the heardest munro's
In this case might look at just staying the one night at fort william then head on NW.
Old 29-12-12, 10:23 AM   #13
Dicky Ticker

As you want to do the Ben thats why I said about the YH at the foot of the path,at least you can leave your bike there round the back which is safe.The chippie down the wee alley/slope in Ft W does good fish'n'chips--man size portions
Old 29-12-12, 04:18 PM   #14
Lawman

Ben Nevis is a boring slog on the usual path, other than saying you got the peak, I wouldn't bother.

Cullin ridge is awesome as is Glencoe and the A87 and Applecross Pass. I went in the Autumn and really enjoyed the bit of Scotland we saw.
We stayed at a campsite called "Pine trees" at Tyndrum which was very good, they had some mini lodges which were good value, very friendly, I could recommend that if you need to stay in the area.