SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 20-10-04, 08:48 AM   #11
rictus01
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Baz
I'm aiming for a Daytona by spring of 2006.
big or small ?
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-04, 08:49 AM   #12
Cloggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef
buy a Ducati 748.
Nice I'd love a 749 dark

As I believe I've said once or twice before
Old 20-10-04, 08:56 AM   #13
AlfBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloggsy
Quote:
buy a Ducati 748.
Nice I'd love a 749 dark

Nah, I think I would rather have the 999R with its 150 horsepower!!!!! That would be awesome.
Old 20-10-04, 08:59 AM   #14
Stef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloggsy
Quote:
buy a Ducati 748.
Nice I'd love a 749 dark

Although the professional press says over and over again that the 749 is a better bike then the 748, I preferred the 748 over the 749. Nothing beats the Tambourini design !!! I just LOVE that single side swinger, and that piece of art at the back (i think they call it an exhaust on most other bikes)

I think the press is payed for by Ducati to help the public forget the Tambourini design and excuse Ducati for the hidious Terblanche design. Shame on Ducati ! Shame
Old 20-10-04, 09:09 AM   #15
Cloggsy

Quote:
Nothing beats the Tambourini
Liam Gallagher plays a wicked Tambourini...

I'll get my coat

I'd love a 998 really, but the 749 insurance probably wouldn't leave me feeling like I'd been raped by a Rhinoceros

... let the innuendos begin
Old 20-10-04, 09:18 AM   #16
Stef

[quote="Cloggsy

I'd love a 998 really, but the 749 insurance probably wouldn't leave me feeling like I'd been raped by a Rhinoceros

[/quote]

The 748 is like a Rhinoceros !! The 998 would be like being raped by a blue whale !!!

Btw, the 998 is an "old" (i prefer timeless) shape ! So you have that feeling deep inside you too !! (and i'm NOT talking about the whale )
Old 20-10-04, 09:22 AM   #17
Cloggsy

I much prefer the 'look' of the 748/996/998 - I love the headlight configuation etc. Shame they went to the 'over-under' designed headlights, I though the old 'side by side' was a very Ducati signature...

A mate of my wife's boyfriend (if that makes sense ) had a yellow 748 SPS wich was really tricked up - It was a '96 & he wanted £6K for it, but the insurance quotes put me off
Old 20-10-04, 09:26 AM   #18
rictus01
Mega Poster

As a piece of moving art the old 916 shape just can't be beaten.
and the fact it takes a fair amount of skill to ride one quickly only adds to it.

The new shape, well it's ok, not “to die for" though, and they have made it easier to ride, which I'm sure for those wishing to own a Ducati is great, but some how diminishes the whole "Ducati thing" for me.

Even so with all the improvements in build and comfort and such, I still wouldn't put it in the same league as the Jap stuff for durability?

Would you ride one everyday without a mobile and breakdown card?

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-04, 09:27 AM   #19
Steve H

Does this not prove the case that quite often original designs are much better looking than the newer ones?.................for example, the SV650!
Old 20-10-04, 09:28 AM   #20
Cloggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve H
Does this not prove the case that quite often original designs are much better looking than the newer ones?.................for example, the SV650!
There are always exceptions to the rules... and this is definately one of them