SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 06-04-10, 01:54 PM   #11
ravingdavis

Default Re: NW6 Friday Travel Arrangement Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
In that case how about this?

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&so...87204&t=h&z=10

Have set the start at Ponderosa, but can just as easily meet somewhere else. But that's a nicer road to the Triangle than the A5 (I avoide the A5 at all costs ). Once at the bottom left of the Triangle can spin round and do it in reverse before heading to the bunkhouse - just couldn't be bothered plotting that bit on the map.
What sort of time were you planning on doing this, I would like to join you. Meeting at the pondy would be good for me.
Old 06-04-10, 02:12 PM   #12
Luckypants
Mega Poster

As long as you don't mind doing some of those roads again later in the weekend
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-10, 02:29 PM   #13
G
Mega Poster

I would be disgusted at having to do the same road again...

j/k obviously

I have the day off so want to take an easy ride across and make the most of the day, I mainly just want to get across and take a few scenic snaps of the scenery and my bike to be a tart as I cant carry my camera when riding properly as I dont like to wear a back pack, I could ride the road a 100 times and still be happy.

I dont want to step on anyones toes though.
Old 06-04-10, 03:08 PM   #14
petevtwin650

Well, we've both got the day off, so will be looking to fill it too. A bit of sight-seeing/photo opportunity would be nice.

There is Dk's at Newcastle under Lyme and/or Demon Tweeks in Wrexham we could visit too. Last year we met at Kidderminster, didn't bother going up to Quatford, but this year we could perhaps meet further north. Unfortunately Google maps has had a turn and I can't check out any routes. Plenty of time yet though.

Lots to discuss and options to consider.
Old 06-04-10, 03:19 PM   #15
G
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by petevtwin650 View Post
Well, we've both got the day off, so will be looking to fill it too. A bit of sight-seeing/photo opportunity would be nice.

There is Dk's at Newcastle under Lyme and/or Demon Tweeks in Wrexham we could visit too. Last year we met at Kidderminster, didn't bother going up to Quatford, but this year we could perhaps meet further north. Unfortunately Google maps has had a turn and I can't check out any routes. Plenty of time yet though.

Lots to discuss and options to consider.
Exactly plenty of time yet thought I would get the ball rolling to see what other people had in mind.

Demon tweeks is always interesting, last time I went it was a museum as much as it was a factory shop...loads of nice machines on display inside.
Old 06-04-10, 03:21 PM   #16
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

I'll just meet with whoever's route passes closest to Birmingham or head across with you from Notts, G.

As i may still yet be starting from Nottingham...
Old 06-04-10, 03:46 PM   #17
ravingdavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky View Post
I'll just meet with whoever's route passes closest to Birmingham or head across with you from Notts, G.

As i may still yet be starting from Nottingham...
If your starting from Brum then feel free to join me, there is a good chance ill be heading out of the town centre rather than from Stone like my route says.
Old 06-04-10, 03:49 PM   #18
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravingdavis View Post
If your starting from Brum then feel free to join me, there is a good chance ill be heading out of the town centre rather than from Stone like my route says.
Cool beans. I'll bare that in mind.
Old 06-04-10, 04:27 PM   #19
Speedy Claire

I`m a bit puzzled here, did Luckypants not tell you that NW6 has been cancelled???

There has been a severe outbreak of foot and mouth in North Wales and as the bunkhouse proprieters also keep livestock they are having to close the place down for 6 weeks.

The only available accommodation for that weekend in that area was a large bunkhouse further up the road but as it would have meant everyone having to share a dormitory with 15 young ladies from a private clinic in Sweden who are over here doing a spot of backpacking whilst promoting breast augmentation I said it wouldn`t be appropriate to share.

I felt that after a long day`s riding you would all want a bit of peace and quite at night rather than have a gaggle of young women prancing around semi naked and making lots of noise. Damn i`m so thoughtful
Old 06-04-10, 04:38 PM   #20
ravingdavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Claire View Post
I felt that after a long day`s riding you would all want a bit of peace and quite at night rather than have a gaggle of young women prancing around semi naked and making lots of noise. Damn i`m so thoughtful
Well you felt wrong!!! Undo what you have done!