SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 15-09-08, 11:26 PM   #11
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Default Re: Beware! - Wemoto pattern parts

They have cocked up an order for me before... was only a set of SRAD dust seals but was a major PITA... fair play to them though they got the proper ones to me the next day.
Old 15-09-08, 11:41 PM   #12
Lozzo

OE fork manufacturers buy things like seals in from a variety of suppliers who make these kinds of things, they don't just have one source. The chances are the seals you buy as pattern parts are made by the same people who supply the likes of Showa, Kayaba etc. I've fitted some dirt cheap ones in the past when I've been a bit skint, and they've lasted years. I've fitted OE ones and they've lasted a few months - half the time it's down to worn and pitted forks, and grotty weather leaving crap on the stanchions.

I know from being a Bickers rep in the past that Vesrah are about the biggest supplier of OE parts to Japanese factories. Their range is huge and goes from inlet/exhaust valves to fork seals. They also make Nissin brake pads, Tokico brake pads and Sumitomo brake pads. If you buy a genuine gasket or control cable you're probably buying something made by Vesrah.

If I'm buying pattern parts I try to buy Vesrah because I know I'm getting the same thing they'd supply the factories with but at half the cost in most cases. I've never been disappointed with anything of theirs I've bought in the past.
Old 15-09-08, 11:49 PM   #13
Sideshow#36

Top bunch of guys at wemoto. I use them for all of my race spares. So far I have used wheel bearings, carrier bearings, seals, gaskets and a few other bits n bobs. Nowt gone wrong with em. And thats all on a pointy. Suggest you ring them and I'm sure they will be more than glad to help.
Old 15-09-08, 11:57 PM   #14
fastdruid
Mega Poster

There is a difference between pattern and OE.

As you say though OEM are the same as OE but in a different box. If you know who makes the OE ones then buy them as they'll be exactly the same quality but far cheaper.

Druid
Old 16-09-08, 08:26 PM   #15
Baldyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo View Post
I've found Wemoto to have very good customer service, I'd suggest you phone them and give them a chance to make good rather than simply suggesting all parts from them are of inferior quality.
Jambo
Hi ya Jambo,
It seems my experience changes with each telling
I only stated that the seals supplied for my K3 naked were not of merchantable quality. I never said or suggested that all Wemoto parts were inferior
If you and others have had good experiences with Wemoto then it is only right that you be allowed to state it. By the same measure, I believe that I should be allowed the same facility and not be barracked for doing so.
I contacted Wemoto on Monday (in office hours) and they apologised and offered me a refund.
Oh and my photos show quite clearly that OEM and pattern (for the K3 naked) are NOT the same part made by someone different.
Old 16-09-08, 10:57 PM   #16
Lozzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldyman View Post
Oh and my photos show quite clearly that OEM and pattern (for the K3 naked) are NOT the same part made by someone different.
I've bought the same OE part from a Kawasaki dealer at different times and had 3 different looking items. Each one did the job as well as the other, but none of them were identical to look at. All depends on what supplier they used at the time.
Old 17-09-08, 06:44 AM   #17
Dangerous Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozzo View Post
OE fork manufacturers buy things like seals in from a variety of suppliers who make these kinds of things, they don't just have one source. The chances are the seals you buy as pattern parts are made by the same people who supply the likes of Showa, Kayaba etc.
+ 1

I have never had any problems with Wemoto to date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozzo View Post
I've bought the same OE part from a Kawasaki dealer at different times and had 3 different looking items. Each one did the job as well as the other, but none of them were identical to look at. All depends on what supplier they used at the time.
+ 1, it is down to the supplier at the time.