SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 28-04-08, 09:23 PM   #11
rob13

Default Re: Why does riding a bike make you want to pee so badly?

Bear it gets me as well, no point in me getting a bike which can travel intergalactic miles on one tank as I need one after about 100 miles anyway.
Old 28-04-08, 09:48 PM   #12
xXBADGERXx

The Vibration from the bike can cause irritation of the bladder , it fills itself with fluid to make you go for a pee in the vain hope you will flush the irritation . Cold can also make you want to pee for some reason that escapes me .
Old 28-04-08, 09:53 PM   #13
Speedy Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXBADGERXx View Post
Cold can also make you want to pee for some reason that escapes me .

To put it simply.......

In the cold a person will have to urinate from cold diuresis - A condition where the surface blood vessels constrict in response to cold. This constriction causes greater volume pressure in the bloodstream which is detected by the kidneys. The kidneys will "pull off" the excess fluid to reduce the pressure. The kidneys then excrete the fluid, causing the bladder to fill. This is one way in which the body protects the amount of heat lost at the surface) a full bladder can mean additional heat loss. Urinating will conserve some heat.
Old 28-04-08, 09:55 PM   #14
xXBADGERXx

That was it , I`d heard that before when I complained about having to stop every 20 minutes when I was mountain biking in the winter , the theory of it all had escaped me in the mists of time , or was that the steam of Urine ? ..... I forget
Old 28-04-08, 09:56 PM   #15
ooger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear View Post
Why is it that the bike riding position makes the need to pee come on so strong and sudden?

I think you just get too excited.

Maybe you should get a bag fitted?
Old 29-04-08, 07:31 AM   #16
Alpinestarhero

I have the same problem aswell. I can just about get to uni before needing to spend a penny
Old 29-04-08, 08:20 AM   #17
BernardBikerchick

Quote:
So, on a ride out with Soulkiss, Rictus and Messie on Sunday, luckily after Messie had left us, I proved not once but twice that while bears may poo in the woods, they definitely pee by the side of the road!

Those on last years AR may remember me "marking" one of the junctions while marking one of the junctions, too...

Why is it that the bike riding position makes the need to pee come on so strong and sudden?

it normally just makes me horny !!! lol
Old 29-04-08, 09:29 AM   #18
metalmonkey

Umm not too much of a problem, I tend dehydrate when riding anyway. But if you want to pee lots dive me trust, I would take on about 1/2 litre of water before a dive, the first thing I do when I come up is make a run for bog. You have never seen someone dekit so quickly out of suba gear before (its to do with change in pressure, how it acts on the body)
Old 01-05-08, 10:14 AM   #19
Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluethunder View Post
But if you want to pee lots dive me trust
Does anyone understand this sentence? Chris, have you been possessed by the spirit of Yoda?
Old 01-05-08, 11:41 AM   #20
lukemillar
Mega Poster

Quote:
Does anyone understand this sentence? Chris, have you been possessed by the spirit of Yoda?
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30
lukemillar is offline   Reply With Quote